• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Raleigh, NC - anyone getting good signal?

wrench

Jul 6, 2010
NC
I moved to Raleigh, NC and my signal is very poor. In my apartment (inside the beltline) I get 0 or 1 bar at best. Phone usually on 1x instead of 3G. Outside in Raleigh, I'll get 1 or 2 bars at best. Will also get 3g, but very slow.

I've updated PRL to 60681. A manager at a local Sprint store, who also has a rooted phone, suggested that I change the radio. Any suggestions on what radio to swap to?

I'm running CM6.2 on the Sprint HTC Hero and my radio is baseband version 2.42.02.10.29

He said that a tower in north Raleigh has been down since April 2011 and that could be part of the problem. If that's true and they can't get a tower repaired in six months, I'm not sure I want to hang my hat on hopes it will be fixed soon.

2.42.02.10.29 running CM7 on a sprint hero. Signal has never been a problem for me around RDU. My brothers apartment is a dead zone for whatever reason, but thats really the only place ive had an issue.
We have pretty much an identical setup - Sprint Hero, CM7, same radio.

How's your coverage inside the beltline? I get only 2 bars around there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones