• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My S5 is using 1.25GB/1.81GB with 0 active applications. :shot:

So are you actually suffering from some sort of performance issue? Or are you just lamenting over numbers?

I only ask because as you can see the post immediately after yours drew conclusions from such little info.

Upon seeing your post I tried opening a few memory intensive apps to choke the phone. Looks like it only allows 10 active apps, but even then I never crested the 1.5gb mark and the phone was smooth as silk.

Upvote 0
So are you actually suffering from some sort of performance issue? Or are you just lamenting over numbers?

I only ask because as you can see the post immediately after yours drew conclusions from such little info.

Upon seeing your post I tried opening a few memory intensive apps to choke the phone. Looks like it only allows 10 active apps, but even then I never crested the 1.5gb mark and the phone was smooth as silk.

I'm just stating facts. The phone isn't as snappy as I'd like it to be. It probably has a lot to do with TouchWiz being a resource hog. Overall I love the phone and it does run fairly smooth just not what one would expect from a Snapdragon 801 and 2gigs of RAM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones