• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random reboot after 4.3 update

Wow, so glad I found this thread. I thought my phone was a few days from permanent death but I did get that upgrade last week. And it will be several weeks before I can buy the new HTC One. I don't know if I should just continue dealing with the problem or go through the trouble of factory resetting it - which always takes me at least two hours because I have so much stuff to back up.

Upvote 0
This update has been nothing but a pain for me. My phone constantly reboots, that is if it will even come on to be able to reboot. I'm lucky if I can get it to come on for 5 minutes before it will shut off again, and then take hours to be able to come on again. I have taken to the store and they have flashed it for me, that didn't work. Resetting it didn't work either. Of course I am out of warranty and I can't upgrade for another 6 months. So I had to file an insurance claim on it today. I love my phone and I'm really mad that this happened after they pushed the update, it was working perfectly fine before. I can bet you that my replacement phone won't allow them to push the updates to me, I will do them manually to avoid this problem again.

Good luck to everyone having issues. It's so frustrating!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones