1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Random reboot after 4.3 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NunyaBidnez, Mar 20, 2014.

1. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    Student/Intern
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have a T-Mobile US Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999) on Android 4.3. After the recent incremental update, I've been having problems with my phone shutting down and having to reboot it again. Anyone else experiencing this problem since the update? Any solutions?

Advertisement

cxs6957 likes this.
  2. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2011
    Male
    Rotorua, New Zealand
    Unfortunately 4.3 is plagued by the fact that many people need to back up their data and do a factory reset.
    Like many custom roms, you need to almost start from scratch to get it working properly to get rid of any little niggles or "crossovers" from the differences between the two versions.

3. cxs6957

cxs6957 Member
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Wow, so glad I found this thread. I thought my phone was a few days from permanent death but I did get that upgrade last week. And it will be several weeks before I can buy the new HTC One. I don't know if I should just continue dealing with the problem or go through the trouble of factory resetting it - which always takes me at least two hours because I have so much stuff to back up.

4. AngelG3

AngelG3 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2012
    This update has been nothing but a pain for me. My phone constantly reboots, that is if it will even come on to be able to reboot. I'm lucky if I can get it to come on for 5 minutes before it will shut off again, and then take hours to be able to come on again. I have taken to the store and they have flashed it for me, that didn't work. Resetting it didn't work either. Of course I am out of warranty and I can't upgrade for another 6 months. So I had to file an insurance claim on it today. I love my phone and I'm really mad that this happened after they pushed the update, it was working perfectly fine before. I can bet you that my replacement phone won't allow them to push the updates to me, I will do them manually to avoid this problem again.

Good luck to everyone having issues. It's so frustrating!!!!

5. elotgamu

elotgamu Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2014
    I'm having the same issue after flashing correctly with ODIN. The phone shows the poweroff menu when I push the power button to do screen lock. Even pushing the button softly!!! And then power off and after the 100th try it start. :mad: Also, the phones freezes sometimes in download mode and recovery