1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support random restarts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by angldvl81, Feb 24, 2011.

1. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert

my phone has twice restarted randomly this morning. it has NOT been rooted, has the latest OTA update (that i know of) and no new apps have been downloaded recently. it has done this once a day for the past few days now. its hardware version 2. software version 3.70.651.1.

any ideas why??

thx for your input

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

It may be time to do some cache and data cleaning in apps and widgets, or have a look at syncing apps and widgets configuration.

Sometimes too much is going on at once. Have a look in menu > settings > applications > running services the next time that happens.

Stopping the services there is only temporary because they'll restart on reboot, but you can get an idea as to what apps or widgets need reconfiguration by examining running services. You may want to stop some apps from syncing in the back ground and just sync them manually (Gmail, weather, Facebook, etc).

While in that area, go to the manage applications list and sort by size, then start hitting "clear cache" buttons one at a time. Then reboot.

If you're running a task killer, get rid of it. ;)

angldvl81 likes this.
  3. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert

i dont have a task killer. got rid of that after reading it was pointless!

thx for the tip!

4. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Android Enthusiast

Don't waste time trying to track it down. Factory Data Reset.

Tags: