• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random unresponsiveness on a LG Sunset?

catcat7077

Lurker
Feb 2, 2017
Hey, recently my LG Sunset (version lollipop) has been having an issue with all downloaded apps. After a minute or two after launching the app, a few things can happen.
1: The screen occasionally cuts to black and is unresponsive (the bottom bar for home menu will not appear at all but the app is still running in the background. Sometimes the music can be heard) This will last around 10-20 seconds, and then after the phone vibrates the game will be responsive. The bottom bar will appear and not go away until the app is closed, which take longer than normal. If I continue to play the app, the process will repeat itself at random intervals indefinitely.
2: This is the same as the previous problem, but the screen does not black out, and the bottom home bar will occasionally go back from whence it came. The problem will still repeat itself constantly.
I've been wondering if its some sort of memory problem? Like my phone has plenty of space and never used to do this before. And I can bring up the Turn Off the phone options and click them during these inervals of unresponsiveness.

Hey, recently my LG Sunset (version lollipop) has been having an issue with all downloaded apps. After a minute or two after launching the app, a few things can happen.
1: The screen occasionally cuts to black and is unresponsive (the bottom bar for home menu will not appear at all but the app is still running in the background. Sometimes the music can be heard) This will last around 10-20 seconds, and then after the phone vibrates the game will be responsive. The bottom bar will appear and not go away until the app is closed, which take longer than normal. If I continue to play the app, the process will repeat itself at random intervals indefinitely.
2: This is the same as the previous problem, but the screen does not black out, and the bottom home bar will occasionally go back from whence it came. The problem will still repeat itself constantly.
I've been wondering if its some sort of memory problem? Like my phone has plenty of space and never used to do this before. And I can bring up the Turn Off the phone options and click them during these inervals of unresponsiveness.

Sounds like a software issue? Have you tried wiping the data from and uninstalling and reinstalling the offending app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones