1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rant!!!! Video sending

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boosted1993eg, Dec 22, 2012.

1. boosted1993eg

boosted1993eg Member

So we pay allll this mony and getbso excited about what these phones can do but yet they CAN NOT send a 7 sec good quality video. How pathetic. Good job samsung

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

If you're sending it via ancient mms, the phone simply limits you to network limitations. Surely with a smart phone, emailing it would be the logical solution.MMS is a thing of the past

3. markyboy81

markyboy81 Well-Known Member

There are also apps that alow you to compress the video for sending. Unfortunately as of yet none rival what's available on the iphone, as that has inbuilt video compression

4. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

Look at cloudsend or sendit.

Those should both be good options for you.

mak916 likes this.
  5. boosted1993eg

boosted1993eg Member

Ill give them a try

6. boosted1993eg

boosted1993eg Member

Send It dont work

7. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Member

That is just silly.

That was and sill is my biggest peeve about switching from the iPhone to an android phone. Even with the iPhone's compression, the quality of the video sent is far above what is possible with an android phone. And the iPhone does not seem to have the 2 meg limit nor does it have to compress images before sending.

8. boosted1993eg

boosted1993eg Member

9. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Member

Wow...cloudsend looks promising. Going to try it out.

10. markyboy81

You can try video compress. Loads of options but it does take a while. Worth checking out as there's a trial option

11. GalaxyS3guy

GalaxyS3guy Lurker

I think this is the discussion group that I have been looking for.
    As a new owner of an S3, I have noticed that some meg4 video clips will not play after being received either by email or via a chat program called kakaoTalk.
    Is there really a 2 meg limit on the size of a video clip? Because I can send and receive, but cannot play it.

12. SUroot

Nope. Mms is a dinosaur. Old tech at a high price. Pointless and useless.

13. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Member

Old tech? And e-mail is new tech? LOL You must be pretty young if you think e-mail is something new.

How is MMS high price?

14. SUroot

Mms is 40 pence per message. No UK carriers have mms as an included allowance, yet data is so its cheaper to send using that and you can send more. No compression. No limits. No stupid threads like this.

You can clearly see the evolution of email as a service over time. MMS is exactly the same as when it was first released

I may be younger than you being in my 30s but that doesn't mean I don't understand the history of my own profession so please don't be so condescending

15. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Member

Well I see why your views are different than mine. I pay $4.99 US dollars per month for unlimited MMS. Pretty common to have unlimited in the USA.

It makes more sense to use MMS for many people. Lots of people do not regularly check their e-mail and downloading attachments eats up their data allowance. Besides, you would have to know their email address. I have phone numbers for many of my friends, but not email addresses. Heck, I don't even know what my mom's email address is. I don't need it. MMS and other social connections is faster.

As far as the progression of email, the semantics of how email is handled on the servers has evolved but the basic user experience has remained relatively unchanged for the past 15+ years. Pretty much everything you can do with an email today could be done 15 years ago. Including checking email via cell phone.

16. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Member

[​IMG]65 US cents per MMS? Holy crap. I would spend close to 1000 US dollars a month in MMS charges.

17. anonuk

anonuk Lurker

I have unlimited data in UK aswell, which is quite common. You also don't need someone's email address. It can be uploaded, then a link sent by text. That way it's up to the receiver to us the data connection they have ample of.

18. SUroot

Yep very expensive, where as "data" not so much.

19. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

If you would simply ask the question rather than whatever you did in the op, then maybe I would help out. Yet after reading that, i have no inclination to do so

20. markyboy81

Vodafone do an offer where you pay

21. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast

I agree that MMS is old out of date tech. The limits havent changed whilst our phones have can now take a 1080p video which as pointed out is a whole 7 seconds worth of footage

22. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Member

That's just more steps and it requires the sender to use their data. Seems the US and the UK view things differently based on service availability and cost.

Just the differences of being across the pond.

It's not a limitation of MMS, it's a limitation set by the carrier. Apple seems to have stepped around those limits. I can send any length video without much loss of quality from the iPhone. It's more of android phones not being able to take care of the sending of video.

23. racefan25

racefan25 Member

i cannot send a 2 second video file is to large

24. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Some videos email won't let u send too because you record in HD

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews