• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ready for Root?

Logan47

Android Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2011
Geocache
Ok, root went quick and easy, but a few questions if you please. If I connect to Kies at a later date and it offers me a nice Ice Cream Sandwich will I be able to update in the rooted state and if so, will this reset the phone back to its default state or remain rooted?
I notice the exclamation triangle on the boot screen as I have a insecure kernel, what is the best or easiest way to remove this....USB jig?
Thanks again. :)

Upvote 0
Ok, root went quick and easy, but a few questions if you please. If I connect to Kies at a later date and it offers me a nice Ice Cream Sandwich will I be able to update in the rooted state and if so, will this reset the phone back to its default state or remain rooted?
I notice the exclamation triangle on the boot screen as I have a insecure kernel, what is the best or easiest way to remove this....USB jig?
Thanks again. :)

Personally I wear the triangal with pride. I get what you mean but seriously don't worry. Xda/odin upgrades you quicker than anything else

Upvote 0
I installed CheckROM Revolution and added ICS theme from Kitchen app...very nice utility. How would I add the Siyah kernel, can I simply download it and then install from ClockworkMod without any problems or should it be done in a different order? Are there any options within cwm which I should follow before installing new kernel as I see mentions of clearing certain cache which I am unsure of?
I take it the new Kernel will add performance functionality above regular one?
Thanks again.
:)

Upvote 0
I installed CheckROM Revolution and added ICS theme from Kitchen app...very nice utility. How would I add the Siyah kernel, can I simply download it and then install from ClockworkMod without any problems or should it be done in a different order? Are there any options within cwm which I should follow before installing new kernel as I see mentions of clearing certain cache which I am unsure of?
I take it the new Kernel will add performance functionality above regular one?
Thanks again.
:)

Download the samsung roms kernel cleaning script from here

Then download the siyah kernel.

Boot into recovery mode and flash the cleaning script and then the siyah kernel straight after. Reboot your phone and your're good to go

Reactions: Logan47
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones