• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really strange problem w/voice call volume...appreciate any suggestions!

Redflea

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2009
Not sure what's happening, but recently my voice call volume keeps getting set to zero.

About 20 minutes ago I checked and call volume was set to zero again. I raised call volume to maximum, made a call and verified it was still at max.

Then hung up and put the screen to sleep.

Just checked and now it's back to zero volume again for call volume.

I wiped cache/dalvik cache and that didn't help.

Today I was on a call and several times the volume reduced from maximum to lowest setting while I was talking on the call - i kept having to turn it up again!

Never seen an issue like this before. Haven't installed any new apps related to managing volume, and confirmed that none of my dock apps (car dock or charging dock) are messing w/any volume settings.

Call volume is the only volume affected.

Anyone else seeing this, or have any ideas? I've rebooted a couple times and the problem persists through reboots.

I've tried a program that can lock the volume setting and used it to lock call volume but even that isn't working.

i'm running Zombie Stomped GB ROM, but have been for weeks w/out any issues until this just started, so I don't think it's specifically ROM-related.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones