• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Receive Service Discount if you have Bionic

Reverence

Android Enthusiast
Jun 21, 2010
So over the last few days it seems I have been plagued with 3G/4G data connectivity issues. Obviously this is a widespread issue among Bionic owners that Verizon plans to address in an early November software update. But to be honest, as a customer that pays $30 a month for a data package, I want it available 100% of the time, and over the last week or so, it seems as though my data has been losing it's connection at least 50% of the time, and the airplane mode toggle fix only works for a few minutes.

So, seeing as I am unhappy that Verizon would release a phone with such a glaring issue, I called Verizon Customer Support, explained to the representative that I was having issues with my new Bionic losing its data connection and was aware that there would be an update in November. The representative confirmed that and was even surprised that the update was so far off. So I said I am glad to hear the update is coming but am not happy at the fact that I am having data connectivity issues but am still paying full price for my data package for the month of October. She then agreed, put me on hold, which I am assuming was so she could talk to her manager, and came back and offered me 1/2 off my data package cost for this month. It is better than nothing, and everyone else should call and have this done because I think it is justified.

Granted at the end of the call she tried to state that she could only offer 1/2 off because it wasn't a Verizon service issue but was a phone manufacturer issue. Since she was nice and I was happy with the 1/2 off and thought that was fair enough, I didn't argue the fact that it was Verizon that approved and sold a phone that had such a glaring issue.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know so maybe you can save yourselves $15 this month; and rightfully so.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones