• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Recommended 32GB SDHC card

Its just that when I was about to purchase from amazon, i came across a review which made me think twice.

SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I was unhappy with this product. Sure it says it's Class 2 but I didn't really know what that meant. But all this stuff about being able to play your media off it doesn't match my experience at all.

"The card allows you to expand the memory of MP3 players and mobile phones, and enables you to carry more on your device. This means you can get the most out of your mobile phone or MP3 and utilise its added features like camera or music player. Take hours of high quality video and watch your movies on the go, up to 128 hours. Freely take photos knowing you have room for up to 20000 photos. Store your music library on the Micro SDHC card with room for up to 8,000 songs."

Now I learn that it's too slow to play music or video well on my HTC phone - it seems you need class 4 or 6 to do that properly. But what else would you need that much micro-storage for? I'm going to buy a 16GB class 6 device instead. This will gather dust in a draw I guess.

The fact that he didn't know what the class meant makes me weary of trusting him too much, but I'd love any first hand feedback if anyones been using one :p

Upvote 0
Ive been using the 32gb sandisk class 2 for a month or so - not had any problems with any music or movie playback. My music is normally only ~192kbps but my videos are normally encoded to 1024 kbps, varying resolutions. Not had any problems at all yet. If anyone wants to link a sample video I can certainly stick it on the card and give it a test and let you know.

Upvote 0
I did a little research on this and found out some stuff I didn't know....

SD and MicroSD cards are graded, the higher the grade the better (think it goes upto Grade 8). I have noticed that the 32gb SanDisk are selling is a Grade 2 MicroSD, which is why many of you are experiencing slow transfer speeds. I would think to watch a DVD quality movie from a grade 2 32gb would be painful.

I believe The best MicroSD that SanDisk sell is the 16Gb Grade 4.

Also, remember that the higher the Grade and capacity the higher the price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones