• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reconnecting a Bluetooth headset after disabling BT on HTC Hero

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but I just bought the HTC Hero for Sprint, and I'm having some difficulties with the Bluetooth connectivity. I couldn't find an answer in any of the forum posts, so I figured I'd jump in with my issue. I paired my Motorola bluetooth headset with my Hero, but in order to conserve battery life, i turn off bluetooth on the Hero when i'm not in my car.

When I turn it back on later, I get an error message saying that there was an error connecting to my bluetooth device. When I go into the bluetooth menu, it says "Paired, but not connected." The only way I get it to work again is to unpair the headset and the re-pair it and connect. However, if I leave the bluetooth active on the Hero all the time, then it connects fine each time. I don't want to have to leave the bluetooth feature on my phone active all the time, especially if it is a battery eater, and the bluetooth widget makes it easy to turn on and off, but if i have to pair it every time, then it is not worth it. Is anyone else having these issues? Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

welcome. there was a MR for the hero a few weeks ago. its possible your device does not have the latest MR. i would go into your phones settings and check to make sure you have the MR update in your device. if not its an OTA file..

other than that, can you pair another BT earpiece to make sure its not the BT stack on the moto? the hero uses an HTC bluetooth stack and its not fully functional with every BT device...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones