• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recording calls on Galaxy S4

kiddkasper

Lurker
Nov 6, 2010
I've been able to record phone calls on other Android devices that I've had. Some apps seem to work better with different devices.

The app I was using to record phone calls apparently doesn't work with the S4. I've tried several of the apps listed in Google Play, but none of them seem to work. Some make a recording entry. But the length of those recordings is 0:00. Because it's happening with a couple different apps, I'm thinking there's an option that needs to be changed on the device. But I'll be darned if I can find it (if it exists at all).

So what I'm looking for is an app that I can record incoming and outgoing phone calls that does NOT require the call to be put on speaker.

Thanks

The S4 will only record both sides of the conversation with the apps if you use speakerphone. If you use them without, you will only get your side of the conversation.

It could be fixed with some updates but I tried tons of them and thats how they work with the S4.

This app used to allow recording of both sides while using the phone normally but with the S4, it only works on speakerphone so many a fix is coming.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...GwsMSwxLDEsInBvbGlzLmFwcC5jYWxscmVjb3JkZXIiXQ

Upvote 0
I use Galaxy Call Recorder. It works perfectly. I'm not rooted and it records both sides of the conversion and you can even send the resulting file unlike some recorders I've tried. It's free but it does have annoying ads but you can pay to remove them although it's very expensive.

I have tried that app and it only recorded my side.

What settings are you using? I left them at the default.

Upvote 0
I have confirmed your diagnosis, and it is correct. I think that with the laws of recording a call without consent is not allowed (in most states) - the cell providers are making the phones a bit diffrent, and that we will have to create a many of updates to work around this issue. If you find one that works in open-source let me know. I dont believe in paying for apps to work on Android devices, otherwise I would have bought a Windows Cell phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones