• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Recovery] Twrp v3 for Lg Aristo [metropc/t-mobile]

Finally decided to do this so I can get of all of the LG and Metro bloat and Google apps I don't use but I have some questions/need a few clarifications. I've rooted every phone I've ever owned but it's been a few years and this one seems particularly complicated.

My phone is my home internet connection so I can't afford to screw this up.

Also, yes. I have read OP. I have read all 14 pages of this thread.

Trying to cover all of the bases so I've downloaded -

- The recovery on MediaFire in OP.
- UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.82-20170528234214
- no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0
- LG Drivers
- LG Flash Tool
- LG Bridge
- LGUP_MS210 .msi (dll)
- LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3 .msi

I have Windows 8.1 on my PC.

---------------------------

How to Disable encryption & flash super su

3. When the recovery boots again, connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section.

I'm assuming this is done in TWRP?

--------------------------

4. Transfer the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip’ and ‘SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip to your internal storage or EXTSD

-edit- derp, I just put them on the external SD.

--------------------------

On page 9 someone mentioned Android SDK Tools.

-------------------------

Should I download those as well?

On page 10 you advised someone to flash the stock ROM.

Where do I get that from? How do I flash it? I didn't see that process outlined anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi everyone,
I really need a favor,
I accidentally killed my phone messing with lgup and I know the problem is the userdata partition, I need someone to dump only the userdata partition using LguP so I can flash it to my phone and get it out of Factory reset status 2 mode...
If anyone here has the m210 and is willing to help me I can give you my modded LgUp so that you can dump the partitions and flash individual partition etc.
PLease if youre willing to help and you have the aristo m2120 lv3 please pm me...
it's this one
lv3.jpeg

PLEASE HELP.
Astr4y4L

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,
I really need a favor,
I accidentally killed my phone messing with lgup and I know the problem is the userdata partition, I need someone to dump only the userdata partition using LguP so I can flash it to my phone and get it out of Factory reset status 2 mode...
If anyone here has the m210 and is willing to help me I can give you my modded LgUp so that you can dump the partitions and flash individual partition etc.
PLease if youre willing to help and you have the aristo m2120 lv3 please pm me...
it's this one
View attachment 138992

PLEASE HELP.
Astr4y4L
You still need that partition backup bud? I got this thing fresh installed twrp and magisk, userdata untouched.

Upvote 0
FYI latest magisk doesn't seem to install...

It does work, just requires a reboot! Also safetynet passes perfectly (afaik the dm verity doesn't need to be flashed since it's already in the magisk zip, but you didn't hear that from me xD)
i managed to extract the stuff i needed from a kdz 1
thanks tho

Upvote 0
hmmm there's not much out there for

Code:
failed to mount '/data' (no such device)

have you tried and re-download the file?

After flashing twrp boot to twrp.
Install no verity opt encrypt.
Back out. Go to wipe then format data. Do that.
Wipe dalvic and cache.
Reboot.
After that once it boots and you finish the setup wizard.
Boot back to recovery and flash your superSU.

Problem is u must format data to beat encryption
And after format data you must boot into android fully once before u can flash superSU. As superSU will create something called SU.img on the Data partition.
Remember guys we are doing systemless root on anything above marshmallow.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
So has anyone even considered compiling a Rom for the aristo?
I would love to see R.R or a proper liniage os.
I have tried to compile from source but my pc lacks the
Needed RAM to complete the build.

Lv3 source is available on github.
And the source for stock and kernel should be availa6
Over at lg's dev. Open-source site...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones