• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery?

smoke_weed

Jun 9, 2010
Hi.. i just got my magic and LOVING IT!
better than my spica in so many ways (that got robbed)
but i got one problem
i rooted my magic with universal androot and that worked perfectly
but when i try putting in a recovery it sorta works
by sorta i mean: i used adb to install it (.flashimage yata yata yata' /sdcard/recovery_RA_v-1.6.2.img) and then it worked good .. i went into recovery and i see it working perfectly
i turned of my phone so i could start playing around but then after booting into the phone regularly from recovery .. recovery sorta just dissappears ? All i see when i hold Home+end call I get a Triangle and the phone with a !' so anyone know how to fix it ?
btw its a HTC MAGIC+ from rogers
32a

Hey,

I'm new to posting here, but I've read enough to know to supply phone info:

My fastboot screen says:
Sapphire PVT 32A Ship S-ON H
HBOOT - 1.76.0010 (SAPP50000)
CPLD -12
Radio-6.35.16.19

I recently installed z4root and Rom Manager. I ran z4root and it said my phone was rooted successfully. I then put on Clockworkmod (the newest one). The next thing I did was download the current Cyanogen mod through the Rom Manager (I think it's CM6.1) I tried multiple times to install the new Rom (including the GAPPS), I wiped and backed up, but it said the install was unsuccessful. I then tried the install without backing up and without wiping. The install was successful, but now the phone is in a continuous boot loop and won't start.

I also am not sure if USB debugging was on as I can't get the phone to work; is there a way to turn it on through the Windows Vista CMD Prompt.

The recovery screen also won't come up. I can get into fastboot and HBoot screens. The fastboot devices command gives me a number but adb devices says "list of devices attached".

Can anyone help me get my phone working?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones