• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery

ok I seem to still be a newbie at this, maybe not be a newbie to flashing but just to the commands, ... so here it is

I want to go into recovery, i hold the down and the power button, it does its thing, and then I push recovery and then i always get the triagnle and exclamation point, or i will reboot into recovery by holding down the power button push restart, select into recovery, then phone reboots and goes right to exclamation point on triangle, im told each time to enter these commands to get to recovery

adb push recovery /
adb shell busybox --install /sbin
adb shell nohup /sbin/recovery &...

is there a better way to get to recovery or what am I doing wrong to always get that triangle and exclamation mark?

looks like you have a broken recovery. so here are the steps:
1. download amon ra 2.3(best recovery in my opinion) from here http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html
2. delete the "_amon ra2.3_" part of the name so that it is only named PC36IMG. do not add an extra ".zip" as windows hides extensions
3.transfer the file over to the root(not in any folder) of the sd card
4.go to hboot (power off then press and hold power+vol down)
5.if it is named correctly, hboot should see it automatically
6.select yes to update
7.select no to not reboot
8.make a nandroid backup

hopefully, now you should have a new recovery. just an fyi, the previous nandroids made with clockwork mod will not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones