• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help redmi note 12 5g android 12

alexhob123

Jan 22, 2022
Lincoln
i have a Redmi note 9s with android 12 on it i want to buy a Redmi Note 12 5g but I don't know if it has android 12 on it i need to know as i am trying to restore all of my data on my Redmi Note 9s to that phone if I get it that is. i'm trying to use google to restore everything on my old phone

Most manufacturers have eliminated sd card slots or maybe have one phone that has a sd card slot

Xiaomi Poco X5 - Full phone specifications

One of the main reasons is purely economic. Manufacturers cannot charge a premium for a microSD memory card slot, but they can charge a much more for a higher-tier model that comes equipped with a few extra gigabytes of internal storage. This means consumers end up spending more for the device itself.

microSD Memory Cards and Their Importance with Smartphones | SD Association

Upvote 0
Of the four Redmi Note 12 models, only the lowest 4g variant shipped with Android 13. That may have changed by now.

I have a Poco F2 on Android 12 but MIUI 14.

I don't see why the Android version should affect you.
You will not get a mirror image of your old phone, and will likely have to log in to most downloaded apps.

Google will help set up as much as it can, whether via Drive or your One account. You may also be using the Xiaomi Cloud account and I would recommend using that as well, logging in to the new phone with the same Xiaomi Cloud account number. (I also keep a same age 2020 Mi 10 Lite 5G but recently reset it for sale).

It's best to get a model with the latest available OS at launch, as Redmi and Poco models only promise 2 years of OS updates.
Xiaomi models generally now promise 4 years of updates from launch date and 5 years of Security patches. The Xiaomi 12 models are still available from last year, including the Xiaomi 12 Lite.
It's best to check on your region.

There's no reason you cannot buy another brand if you have most files backed up.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

I guess you are referring to the above linked page.

It's the first I've heard of it, but either way you will get Android 12 or 13 on a new Redmi model, so unless you buy something with Android 11 or lower you should be fine.

Again, setting up a new phone had become easier most of the time in recent years, but I haven't done it in a while. Sometimes setting up runs well, other times it was a lot of manual resetting.

All depends what you mean by backed up data, but Google settings should transfer easily, and having Xiaomi Cloud can help with other things.
(I never set up/signed in to the Xiaomi browser and turned off many things, but the free version of the Xiaomi Cloud I let do basic backups occasionally, though I'm always warned I'm running out of free storage. It's not something I personally keep an eye on much until I can get a new phone.

Upvote 0
Go in to Settings - Google - Backup and see if everything you want was saved in the last backup.
I looked at mine and my SMS and call history were not saved or were very small.
In Backup open Google Account data and check everything you want there.

Obviously check Google Photos has backed up your images.

Also I just deleted old backups in my Xiaomi Cloud account which has 5GB of free storage and did a new backup there and got some cloud storage back.

You are moving from a phone with Android 12 to a new phone with at least Android 12 or 13 so I don't see the problem. You are not going from Android 12 on your 9S to an older device with Android 9 which is what Google is warning about.

If you have trouble finding things I can post screenshots of where these settings are.

Upvote 0
I think you misunderstood the warning about moving to a phone with an older Android version.

Check the Google - Backup settings
if you want to be sure.

Ignore the brown theme :

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-09-22-54-03-241_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-09-22-54-03-241_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2023-10-09-22-54-20-261_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-09-22-54-20-261_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2023-10-09-22-54-38-207_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-09-22-54-38-207_com.android.settings.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 31
Upvote 0
I don't understand what you are asking.
Are you definitely buying any of the Redmi Note 12 models, if so you are fine. Look at the Xiaomi store website or app for your region, or check the model specifications on a good site like GSMArena.

Here is the Redmi Note 12 5G model:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-09-23-08-21-608-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-09-23-08-21-608-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones