• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Registering Facebook account information

SB80

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Does anyone else have this issue?

I've already got a facebook account and use it regularly. I can't seem to register the account information on the X10 but I can access my account through the facebook app itself. I've updated the app from the android market and still doesn't allow me to register my account. I keep getting the message "connection failed".

I'd love to use this feature properly on my phone :(

What do you mean, exactly? I didn't have any trouble registering my account with Timescape. For awhile it seemed like when I clicked on Facebook messages in Timescape, it would pop up a browser but not actually connect, but that issue seems to have (somehow) fixed itself.

If you can connect with the app but not with Timescape... I dunno. Weird. But my useless reply will bump you up, and maybe someone will say something more helpful :)

Upvote 0
Hey, I fixed mine. Did you get yours fixed?
When the sign came up, I clicked cancel then put in username and password again and this time I clicked create. It loaded the site and had me sent to the create page. From there, I scrolled to the top right and signed in to Facebook like I normally would, and then it proceeded to load up for the Timescape :)

Hope you get it working!

Reactions: SB80
Upvote 0
LOL what timing!

I actually got mine to work too but did it another way. I logged into my Sony Ericcson portal account (which I created) and there you can sync your account in a number of ways including with you facebook contacts. It took me to a page which i was able to sync my phone contacts to my facebook contacts.

I thought to myself.........hmmmm let's trying registering facebook to my phone now and IT WORKED!

Thanks for the post and glad it worked for you too!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones