1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Registering Facebook account information

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SB80, Jun 6, 2010.

1. SB80

SB80 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Does anyone else have this issue?

I've already got a facebook account and use it regularly. I can't seem to register the account information on the X10 but I can access my account through the facebook app itself. I've updated the app from the android market and still doesn't allow me to register my account. I keep getting the message "connection failed".

I'd love to use this feature properly on my phone :(

Advertisement

2. SB80

SB80 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    bump!

still no luck :(

3. rainbowgoblin

rainbowgoblin Member

Jun 6, 2010
    What do you mean, exactly? I didn't have any trouble registering my account with Timescape. For awhile it seemed like when I clicked on Facebook messages in Timescape, it would pop up a browser but not actually connect, but that issue seems to have (somehow) fixed itself.

If you can connect with the app but not with Timescape... I dunno. Weird. But my useless reply will bump you up, and maybe someone will say something more helpful :)

4. Kalakaie

Kalakaie New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Mine does the same thing...Authentication Failed Service unavailable. Try again later. But my husband got his up and running no problem....grrrrr

5. Kalakaie

Kalakaie New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Hey, I fixed mine. Did you get yours fixed?
    When the sign came up, I clicked cancel then put in username and password again and this time I clicked create. It loaded the site and had me sent to the create page. From there, I scrolled to the top right and signed in to Facebook like I normally would, and then it proceeded to load up for the Timescape :)

Hope you get it working!

SB80 likes this.
  6. SB80

SB80 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    LOL what timing!

I actually got mine to work too but did it another way. I logged into my Sony Ericcson portal account (which I created) and there you can sync your account in a number of ways including with you facebook contacts. It took me to a page which i was able to sync my phone contacts to my facebook contacts.

I thought to myself.........hmmmm let's trying registering facebook to my phone now and IT WORKED!

Thanks for the post and glad it worked for you too!