• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

Every phone in the Droid lineup (Droid 1 and 2, Incredible, X) is "Powered by Google", its part of their marketing and branding.. other Android phones can be Binged though, but the Droids are always using Google.

I mean how do you know it's keeping the Droid Branding? It's all speculations at this point isn't it? For all we know it could have askjeeves instead of Bing.

Upvote 0
I mean how do you know it's keeping the Droid Branding? It's all speculations at this point isn't it? For all we know it could have askjeeves instead of Bing.

i'm pretty sure miami at droid forums said it is google, and he has played with the phone.

quote from miami1683 "I've covered this. For it to be a Droid it won't have bing!"

Upvote 0

We've all been under the impression that the name of the device is Droid Incredible HD, unless something changes in that regard, it will have Google, even if it's not the "Incredible HD" as long as it has Droid "something" in it. But, I guess we'll all find out Friday.

Upvote 0
i must admit i am a bit skeptical too but supposedly miami from droidforums has had it in hand and confirmed it does in fact exist. now what does that mean?? i have no idea but i'm still pumped for a november 23rd release.

I feel the same as you do. I'd like to think that this phone would be landing on the Verizon network, but like you said, we haven't seen anything concrete yet.

With that being said, when the original Moto Droid was released, they pumped that phone up to no end, but the Eris got no attention at all. I know that Verizon is in bed with Motorola, maybe that has an effect on which brands of phones they can advertise? Yes, I know they are advertising the Incredible now, but it isn't spec'd the same as the Droid X, so it doesn't directly compete against it, because each phone caters to people that want different features/equipment on their device.

Upvote 0
VZW reps sure do confuse the Droid Pro with other devices. I still do not buy an Inc HD launch this soon, so will treat 11/12 as a surprise if true :)

a skeptic til the bitter end lol :p its sounding more and more like this is really gonna happen though you must admit. we will know soon i guess, i'm already making plans to get a new phone. accessories will be a bitch to get considering the people making the accessories probably do not even know the phone exists yet..

edit: maybe there will be accessories http://www.talkietech.com/htc-incredible-hd-accessories.html thats fake though i think

Upvote 0
Yikes! Good point about the contract time thingy... I am new to VZW, so already have the Inc. Were it not for the call quality, it would be fine. Trying to decide about a tablet too......

If we see no leaks today, I call 11/12 as bunk for Inc HD. I am a bit stubborn ;)

too bad so many have bad call quality with the inc(my wife being one, she just got a warranty replacement yesterday because of it)because i have great call quality on my inc that i have had for like 7 months since release day. it is a bit strange that there is no news of this pre-sale yet but it would still not surprise me, i'm still optomistic. also i have seen you frequent many of the same tablet forums i have been on like archosfans and the 101 thread here on AF. i'm sick of waiting for archos in general, if i can get my hands on one in the next week i may still get an archos otherwise how is the g-tablet? i've heard very mixed reviews about it...and archos

Upvote 0
Is the Incredible HD supposed to have a better screen or camcorder quality or battery than the EVO otherwise I'm not sure I'll postpone that EVO past the 23rd..?

Any confirmed advantages like LTE over EVO's WiMAX?

Maybe we'll know more by Friday..I'll ask some Verizon guys tomorrow when I check out the Samsung Tab..

Upvote 0
quote from miami1683: ok....well I sxee a lot going on here tonight....

first I wont see or speak to VZW untilt the AM at 10:30 so I don't have much new to add...

So today I did call VZW myself just a custoimer....

I got there is a "iconic device going on pre-order on Friday in the AM" from the 1-800-922-0204....

So then I called and asked about the ew tablets coming tomorrow....

Then I went back to work.... I hope to have the rest of my info here tomorrow for you guys and exact amounts....

As far as the info...I did get 2 calls and saw the tweet... it' seems that it's not taking very long to reach me right now....so that's it...

If you wanted more.. sorry..if you think about it wait until tomorrow...meanwhile I am going to close this one down untiul then so it's not spinning out of control tonight since I know i wont be in very much to answer a ton of questions...

thanks

Miami

still hope?? maybe maybe not

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones