• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

It provides context for people like me who are considering the EVO now or waiting potentially until 2011 for the Incredible HD.. I really hope you approve howarmat.. :rolleyes:' :D

I'm considering a move to Sprint and getting the Evo if the Increidble HD really does have a locked bootloader. I am honestly more then okay with the performance of my Incredible I just want a larger screen, hdmi and a FFC all of which the EVO has. Plus I want the freedom to root and flash away roms at will. The news of a locked bootloader at first didn't upset me but now I'm getting a bit upset about lol

Upvote 0
I'm considering a move to Sprint and getting the Evo if the Increidble HD really does have a locked bootloader. I am honestly more then okay with the performance of my Incredible I just want a larger screen, hdmi and a FFC all of which the EVO has. Plus I want the freedom to root and flash away roms at will. The news of a locked bootloader at first didn't upset me but now I'm getting a bit upset about lol

unfortunately I don't have the luxury of that decision because my phone is through my work. anyways from what I hear it will be the same as the g 2 and it is now fully rooted with custom roms emerging

Upvote 0
so according to the past 3 pages of information this phone should be coming out in < 2 weeks.. I just dont see it being pushed out with 2.2 on it and not 2.3 but then again. The first incredible got pushed out with 2.1. Lets see what happens

we'll know more tomorrow but right now its looking like next year or at earliest next month, but thats just my guess. if it comes out after next year yeah i'd say it will either ship with gingerbread or update to it quickly

Upvote 0
I'm fairly close to the manager at my local vz and he told me that there will be 5 new droid phones dropping in the next three weeks. I was gonna upgrade to the x today but he advised me to wait. The only one that he knew the name of was the Droid Pro.

Droid phones or android phones? Because Droid 2 Global, Moto Citrus, and Samsung Continuum dropped today Droid Pro coming in a week, that leaves us with a mystery phone yet again.

Upvote 0
I'm fairly close to the manager at my local vz and he told me that there will be 5 new droid phones dropping in the next three weeks. I was gonna upgrade to the x today but he advised me to wait. The only one that he knew the name of was the Droid Pro.

for the incredible evenone said in 2 weeks, i guess its only fair for the sequal the rumor will be 3 weeks :p

Upvote 0
So we're calling Nov 23rd busted?

Yeah...I think so. It's a bummer cause the next best phones just don't seem to be solid choices to me.

There is always something new around the corner though...just don't know what that will be. I'm contemplating the phones that are currently out there but I'm thinking I'll do the toughest thing...and just wait.

Upvote 0
Yeah...I think so. It's a bummer cause the next best phones just don't seem to be solid choices to me.

There is always something new around the corner though...just don't know what that will be. I'm contemplating the phones that are currently out there but I'm thinking I'll do the toughest thing...and just wait.

I guess we should've seen it coming once we knew it was LTE... it makes no sense for VZW to release it before the network is up and running.

I went and played with Droid 2 and Droid X at the verizon store hoping to check out Droid 2 Global. They didn't have a Global but man X and D2 feel super slow compared to the incredible. Is it just the MotoBlur?

Upvote 0
I guess we should've seen it coming once we knew it was LTE... it makes no sense for VZW to release it before the network is up and running.

I went and played with Droid 2 and Droid X at the verizon store hoping to check out Droid 2 Global. They didn't have a Global but man X and D2 feel super slow compared to the incredible. Is it just the MotoBlur?

Have you looked up the Droid Pro?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones