• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reload Captivate OS

kbarsi

Lurker
Jul 20, 2010
I had an iPhone 3g and I just bought the Captivate. I am having issues with it freezing and general hanging in apps occasionally. I need to force the close of apps too often. I rooted the phone but don't think that should have caused these issues.

Is there a way to reinstall the os? Not just resetting the defaults but reinstalling the software. I am thinking if I reload the os I might be able to resolve some of these issues.

Does anyone have an option or information on how to do this?

It worked for me, I had to get the timing down of when to let go of the power button to get into download mode. Once I got that, the re-flash finished and I got my phone to download from the market place again. I hate the dependancy on gtalk for the market place.

About the Froyo rom, I think I'll wait a bit to see how it goes for other people.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones