1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Reload Captivate OS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbarsi, Aug 5, 2010.

1. kbarsi

kbarsi New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    I had an iPhone 3g and I just bought the Captivate. I am having issues with it freezing and general hanging in apps occasionally. I need to force the close of apps too often. I rooted the phone but don't think that should have caused these issues.

Is there a way to reinstall the os? Not just resetting the defaults but reinstalling the software. I am thinking if I reload the os I might be able to resolve some of these issues.

Does anyone have an option or information on how to do this?

Advertisement

2. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
  3. askpcguy

askpcguy Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Has anyone tried that One click odin restore? I think I deleted Gtalk from my Captivate now the Marketplace will not download anything.

4. llessur

llessur Active Member

Jul 18, 2010
  5. llessur

llessur Active Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Ohh BTW. The version I posted also gets rid of the ATT apps. So this might also be a plus for you. :)

6. askpcguy

askpcguy Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    It worked for me, I had to get the timing down of when to let go of the power button to get into download mode. Once I got that, the re-flash finished and I got my phone to download from the market place again. I hate the dependancy on gtalk for the market place.

About the Froyo rom, I think I'll wait a bit to see how it goes for other people.

Thanks!

7. llessur

llessur Active Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Sorry, I should have clarified. I used the I9000 rom with the Captivate kernel, which is still 2.1. I'm not doing 2.2 yet either. Too many bugs with that. Glad u got it going!