• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reminder: Check your Apps! (Regarding Lag, slowness, etc)

willdogs

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
This is a little reminder for all. Once in a while we see those threads that say "The lag is killing me!" or "This is the slowest phone ever" etc...

Reminder... One or some of those cool apps that you have been downloading may most likely be the cause for your sluggish phone!

So don't be quick to blame the actual hardware or the Android OS. The slowness may be the fault of some poorly written code in one the the apps you recently downloaded!

I just went through this yesterday. My 2.1v3 usually runs like a champ. No Lagginess, super fast, etc. about 3-4 days ago I downloaded some new apps and didn't think twice about it. After that my phone started acting weird, very sluggish, thinking alot, slow to open apps, etc... Even after rebooting the phone the sluggishness was there.

I started thinking back to the apps I installed. I went to the "running services" under menu > settings > Applications > Running Services and noticed that a "wallpaper changer" service was killing my phone big time! Was running hard for about 62 hours and counting. :eek:

As soon as I stopped the service my phone came back to life.

I promptly un-installed the app and now my phone is back to the way it was. Nice and peppy.

Hope this may help someone down the road.

Cheers

This is a little reminder for all.

Reminder... One or some of those cool apps that you have been downloading may most likely be the cause for your sluggish phone!

So don't be quick to blame the actual hardware or the Android OS.

menu > settings > Applications > Running Services

As soon as I stopped the service my phone came back to life.

Very good advice, and something to add to a maintenance routine, along with deleting old emails and messages, clearing the caches of apps used during the day, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones