• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remotely enabling location?? Help.

spicerd

Lurker
Apr 15, 2019
I am trying to set up some sort of anti theft on my s8+. I have cerebus installed and my main issue right now is you can't remotely enable GPS meaning if I lost my phone while location is off II'll be unable to track my phone.

Is there a way to do this? Doesn't have to be on cerebus. I was thinking maybe I could automate my phone so that my locations stays on when I'm not home, and somehow set it up so that location cannot be turned off without the phone being unlocked?

Anyone? My phone isn't rooted but I've thinking about rooting it if I have to.

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have? most phones these days have a find my phone feature. ie samsung has a find my phone option. as long as you have a samsung account you can sign in anywhere and be able to locate your phone.

S8+ however I cannot find samsung's app findmyphone anywhere. The app isnt on my phone and Im not seeing it in galaxy store or playstore

Upvote 0
I was thinking maybe I could automate my phone so that my locations stays on when I'm not home, and somehow set it up so that location cannot be turned off without the phone being unlocked?
The only thing I can think of is Tasker but not sure if root is required for it to disable/enable gps.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
S8+ however I cannot find samsung's app findmyphone anywhere. The app isnt on my phone and Im not seeing it in galaxy store or playstore
its not a feature on your phone. its a feature with the samsung account. when you sign up you automatically get it. all you need to do is go into a computer or other phone. go to samsung.com and log into your account, there will be a find my phone option (i forget where, never had to use it).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones