• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove/Delete/Uninstall Apps

that's just moving a shortcut to the home screen and then removing the shortcut.

Quick way to remove apps:

open market, downloads, click on an app, click "uninstall"

Slow way:

menu, settings, applications, manage applications, (wait a few seconds), click an app, uninstall.

Note:Some apps cannot be removed unless you root (like sprint tv)

Upvote 0
that's just moving a shortcut to the home screen and then removing the shortcut.

Quick way to remove apps:

open market, downloads, click on an app, click "uninstall"

Slow way:

menu, settings, applications, manage applications, (wait a few seconds), click an app, uninstall.

dooohhhh, so easy. thanks

Upvote 0

Ok so now I do have root access, I am trying to find all of the "bloatware" apps/files Example: HTC Sence, as I am already running another launcher that I am able to remove without corrupting any files ...

Happen to know some off the top of your head? I am going to do some Google searching as I have just started another project with the phone ... haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones