• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing Apps

pvcprinting

May 15, 2010
Is it possible to remove the pre installed apps from my legend

Apps such as peep / stocks / talk ect I simply wont use....or will i?

According to the manual you keep your finger on it until you get a red ring around it and then drag it to the bottom of the screen to the delete bin

Have tried this and it doesnt work??

Help please and also what would people recommend to delete from the pre installed apps

Not sure about how to delete preinstalled apps. Based on other general discussions regarding mobile phones in general, I've heard that this can only be done if you root the phone.

Have you tried Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> then try to remove it from there?

The actions you described i.e. "keep your finger on it until you get a red ring around it..." is just to remove a widget or application shortcut from one of your (7) homescreens. It is not to delete the app (I believe).

Upvote 0
Not sure about how to delete preinstalled apps. Based on other general discussions regarding mobile phones in general, I've heard that this can only be done if you root the phone.

Have you tried Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> then try to remove it from there?

The actions you described i.e. "keep your finger on it until you get a red ring around it..." is just to remove a widget or application shortcut from one of your (7) homescreens. It is not to delete the app (I believe).

Correct!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones