• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help replacement battery incompatibility issue.

gpshslax

Dec 3, 2010
Cushing, OK
My wife just ordered a replacement battery for her rezound. At first glance it appears identical, but wouldn't seat in the battery compartment. I checked and noticed the tabs in the bottom corner are slightly different shapes.

Upon further inspection, I see that the battery voltage is 3.7 rather than 3.8, and the part number of the battery is off by one digit. However, both batteries say "Phone Model: ADR6425", which matches the rezound.

Anyone know what gives here?

Would it be safe to simply file the notch slightly to make it fit since it seems otherwise to be the same battery?

Any help is appreciated

My wife just ordered a replacement battery for her rezound. At first glance it appears identical, but wouldn't seat in the battery compartment. I checked and noticed the tabs in the bottom corner are slightly different shapes.

Upon further inspection, I see that the battery voltage is 3.7 rather than 3.8, and the part number of the battery is off by one digit. However, both batteries say "Phone Model: ADR6425", which matches the rezound.

Anyone know what gives here?

Would it be safe to simply file the notch slightly to make it fit since it seems otherwise to be the same battery?

Any help is appreciated
Early Rezounds had a 3.8v battery, later models shipped with a 3.7v, this is not uncommon. That being said, batteries are a finicky thing, especially on an older device where OEM ones are tough to come by,,, If it doesn't fit then it obviously is not the correct one, regardless of what it says on the packaging. You might be able to trim it up and get it to fit and it might work, but I guess that depends on your prerogative here...

If you can't find the OEM battery, I recommend Laza. Here is a really good set of two batteries, an external charger, and a nice carrying case for under $25, I used them for a long time and they lasted as well as OEM.

Amazon.com: Laza Zcell 1750mah HTC Rezound 2x Battery + Charger + Travel Case Combo: Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones