• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement phone on the way...help please.

2.73 is the important bit as that refers to the software version; the last two numbers are to do with the date and the network it's for or something. So there'd be little or no difference between the two. But since you're getting a new phone you may as well install the latest one from the Orange phone. If you had already set up the phone it wouldn't be worth it.

Upvote 0
ROM Version 2.73.61.66 is the latest one available from the HTC site. It was issued in February 2010. The 61.5 version is an early version issued in November 2009. If you instal the earlier one you will be unable to unlock your phone using an unlock code even one provided by Orange. The main reason for the 61.66 version appears to have been to remove that bug.

Upvote 0
Aye I just left it with the 61.66 rom. Now it may be my imagination or because it's a new phone but for some reason everything seems to be lightening fast, and the screen is ultra touch.

I got a call back from Orange, I must say they really do care about their business customers. I asked if they'd keep replacing the phone if I had any more problems and they said they'd replace the phone dozens of times until I'm happy with it.

Al

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones