• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Request) Imperial stock rom and recovery

horsehockey

Jan 30, 2014
Hello, I'm in great need of Appollo (zte imperial) I9101 boot image.

I was working with the build.prop file through adb, and did the chmod 644 to system instead of the build.prop file. Now I don't know how to get permission of 755 to system, as I can't get booted, or adb shell.

adb devices work on ftm screen, as well as fastboot and sideload, but no permissions other than that.

Any help in that area?

You see, I've rooted this thing, but only image files I could figure, are the firmware image .boo files (copy of them on my hard drive). Even zipped them and tried to sideload, but got nowhere.

With no ext sdcard, I couldn't do the backup as I wanted.

But thanks again for offering your help. Appreciate it. If I ever fix the prob. I'd more than honored to upload the working recovery as well. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks SuperR

I did try side loading stuffs, but it rejected it right away after verifying update package.

I'll do a search for cwm, as the links for that don't work.

Everything stock should still be on this phone, as it will start to boot at the zte logo screen, fade a little, then restart to recovery.

I can push or pull easily from the internal sdcard1 from the ftm screen, but can't do anything with other files because of being denied permissions (error 13). Adb shell is same:

[C:\sdk\platform-tools]adb shell
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Permission denied (13) -

Again, thanks.

By the way, I now have an emulator running from the sdk, but I'm not really sure if the emu shell can write to the usb phone. :)

Upvote 0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_rIFitEp0rUWTVndHFoUVh1amM/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_rIFitEp0rUcklVa2I1WENkN1k/edit?usp=sharing
This is the copies I have from those links that are down for CWM. one is a zip that can be used from recovery and the other is an .img for fastboot I would guess. Instructions for either are here
http://androidforums.com/imperial-a...equest-need-somebody-pull-info-device-me.html

*edit Google drive isn't letting me just link to the zip file for download it wants you to download the separate files. You have to zip them up again before using them.

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Thanks DocWebster for posting those up again.

@horsehockey Ok, download the top link from DocWebster, and put one copy on the root of your sdcard and leave a copy on your computer. Connect device via usb cable and fire up your terminal. Change directories to where your recovery.img is on your computer. I am not sure how to do that in windows unfortunately but a quick google search should sort you out. Then type:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
press enter
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
press enter.

Your device should boot into cwm/philz recovery at this point. Cwm is not installed, it is just booting from the img on your sdcard. Now type
Code:
adb shell
press enter
Code:
su
Press enter
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
press enter
Code:
adb reboot recovery
press enter

This will install cwm/philz recovery and reboot to your newly installed recovery. Go into advanced, and look for "Fix Permissions". Try rebooting after that is finished and cross your fingers :)

Upvote 0
Thanks.

Was able to download whole zip as well by clicking file and download at top left.

but it rejected it as well. Trying now to push the recovery.img somewhere where recovery can read it (using take command progy as it's better than the little cmd of win 7).

[C:\sdk\platform-tools]adb push recovery.img /recovery
failed to copy 'recovery.img' to '/recovery': Read-only file system

did work for sdcard1 .. (only place I can seem to write to)
[C:\sdk\platform-tools]adb push recovery.img /storage/sdcard1
2569 KB/s (9318400 bytes in 3.541s)

Upvote 0
Ok !! Thanks. fastboot worked I think. I have a cmw screen advanced.

[C:\sdk\platform-tools]fastboot devices
1214b65c fastboot

[C:\sdk\platform-tools]fastboot boot recovery.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.562s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.016s]
finished. total time: 0.577s

[C:\sdk\platform-tools]adb shell
~ #

don't see permissions on advanced though.

Upvote 0
Gee thanks guys. This thing should be a sticky or somethin !

I went back to adb recovery, chmod 777 /system , then cd'd to system --- chmod 644 build.prop file, and rebooted with cwm screen on phone. my animated startup screen came on, then after a few minutes the setup.

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::ridinghorse:

Upvote 0
Gee thanks guys. This thing should be a sticky or somethin !

I went back to adb recovery, chmod 777 /system , then cd'd to system --- chmod 644 build.prop file, and rebooted with cwm screen on phone. my animated startup screen came on, then after a few minutes the setup.

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::ridinghorse:

Sweet. Now grab a backup in cwm/philz recovery and upload system.ext4.tar.a and I will make you guys some stock roms :)

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delay, but the stock could possibly be rooted, as the phone was still rooted on startup.

The build.pdrop and build.prop are both custom. I do have the orig build.prop somewhere on my hard drive. I can unroot and upload another one if it would help.

Many tweaks including dns changer to opendns (us cell doesn't seem to detect the usage. Also changed the bootanimation and shutdownanimation, tough I do have working originals.

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Do need to say though, I did uninstall some bloatware. And the TEDC.apk files as well, cause of the tethering popup.

And this I'm sure is the orig build.prop. Just decided to run it on mine to be sure.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5nqJrEqmYmDSHFQSnROc0dMNzQ/edit

By the way, SuperR , the recovery.img is still the cwm from what i understand, as I haven't changed it since we fixed it.

Upvote 0
If you could upload the original files you removed that would be great. If you can also tell me how to undo the changes you made, also great. I am trying to make a full stock rom (exactly the way it is when you get the device), a rooted stock rom, and a debloated deodexed rom. All of them tweak free.

Upvote 0
To be clear, I am only concerned with changes you made to the /system directory. The 3rd party launcher is not in /system so no worries there. The build.prop changes matter for example which is now taken care of.

I think the only thing left is the bootanimation and shutdownanimation. Once I get those i will post a test rom. It is deodexed and debloated. If everything goes well, I will upload the full stock roms as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones