• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Request) Imperial stock rom and recovery

Great job. Nice team work. Got the orig build.prop doc, and i hope I can at least hold on to it this time. :)

Bootanimation and shutdown animation are up there now, but it's in 3 files.

Maybe try zipping the zip files?
Where are the bootanimation files? link please :) Make sure you share the file in Drive with whoever has the link. Thanks

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here is the first test rom :)

apollo_stock_B06_deodexed_root.zip

Here is a list of the files I removed so far. If there are other apps I should remove or apps i should put back please let me know as I don't have this device to test it. I will provide a zip containing deodexed versions of all the removed apps.

/system/app/Audible.apk
/system/app/Books.apk
/system/app/CityID.apk
/system/app/com.mobitv.client.uscctv.apk
/system/app/DailyPerks.apk
/system/app/IMDb-play.apk
/system/app/Magazines.apk
/system/app/Mi-Power.apk
/system/app/Music2.apk
/system/app/NotesPad.apk
/system/app/PlusOne.apk
/system/app/Swype.apk
/system/app/TaskManager.apk
/system/app/Timer.apk
/system/app/Videos.apk
/system/app/WiFiNow.apk
/system/app/WiFiShare.apk
/system/app/WorldTime.apk
/system/app/YouTube.apk
/system/app/ZteSetupWizard.apk
/system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
/system/partner-app/BlockBreaker3.apk
/system/partner-app/Facebook-3.1.apk
/system/partner-app/Navigator.apk
/system/partner-app/Twitter-3.6.0.apk

Upvote 0
I do remember deleting youtube, facebook, Imdb and a few others. - reason was to get space since I didn't use them, and don't have an ext sdcard.

Does the verify.zip change any that you know of?

My version is:

Edit: android version 4.1.2
baseband N9101B01

kernal version 3.4.0 - svn2068 (not sure what the latter is for)

hardware version czbC (just in case ya wondered.

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
I do remember deleting youtube, facebook, Imdb and a few others. - reason was to get space since I didn't use them, and don't have an ext sdcard.

Does the verify.zip change any that you know of?

Weird, if you deleted them from /system/app, how did they end up in your backup. All the apps you just mentioned are in the backup lol.

I am not familiar with verify.zip

edit: err, not youtube. It's not there.
edit2: lol, YouTube is there after all.

Upvote 0
I think the verify.zip is the little bugger that keps track of any changes to the system as after I rooted it, or even updated files, it would say so many files didn't match the original install.

Right now, my recovery still goes to the cmw screen, and I'm not sure how to get it back if I would need to.

Upvote 0
I think the verify.zip is the little bugger that keps track of any changes to the system as after I rooted it, or even updated files, it would say so many files didn't match the original install.

Right now, my recovery still goes to the cmw screen, and I'm not sure how to get it back if I would need to.

This is exactly what i am trying to accomplish. Give you a way to get your device back to complete stock so you could get updates or send your device to ZTE for warranty. Unfortunately, I can't be sure it is complete stock because you messed around with your /system directory. This is not your fault or bad, but it would certainly be better to start with an unmodified backup lol.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I did delete some stuff like google maps and all the amazon stuff. I also have folders on my sd card for gameloft and slacker and I remember uninstalling those. I also got rid of the launcher and installed holo launcher.

Ok, well for now you guys have a debloated deodexed stock rom. Once I get the rest of your stock files I will make full stock roms for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones