• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Requested behaviour from ace, possible?

well after all thiis fuss I made :D

I ended up rebooting into CWM

Installed the b82-ex
tried to install the b82-ex fix which aborted but I ignored it as I knew was only a patch.
rebooted and skipped all other stuff as dont care for now on apps on sd and ext4.
skipped services hoping not needed.

installed BLN pro.

works a treat.

so whatever the services file fixes in relation to BLN it isnt needed for me.

Seems I cant thank any more of your posts my friend as the button is gone :( But many thanks for the time you have given me.

Over time I think is possible I will venture further and do the ext4 stuff as well as even trying a custom rom :D

Upvote 0
Good on you mate, well done and, as I said in my first post, welcome to the Dark Side! You're fast on track to becoming a full-on droid addict. Thanks to Root Explorer & Titanium Backup Pro, you can try these tweaks whenever you have a spare hour free, knowing full well that the old set-up is just a couple of dozen clicks away. :cool:

bbb

Upvote 0
thanks

as an extra note it was only working for calls and thats apparently what the services file is needed for (to work on sms)

however installing "go sms pro" which is free enables the led alerts for sms without needing the services file, as an added bonus its a very nice sms interface which also fixes the compose lag I posted about in another thread.

I settled on for now 3 sec led lit with 2 minute gap in between.

Upvote 0
Tried 2 profile apps and was dissapointed.

First is the one you reccomended which seemed to simply not work.

The second one I paid for which worked except for the silent function which was amusing to say the least.

The second app is called "profile"

I brought the app configured 2 profiles, one with ringer and sms sounds set, other with not set but importantly the ringer volume not at mute, so the ringtone set to silent sound but the volume not mute, this allows contacts with a overide ringer sound to still ring. Well the app overides the silent sound with a new ring tone stopping this working and I thought why? so I tried the built in whitelist option and up pops up a box inviting me to goto the market to download the whitelist addon which is of course another price. This I found a bit sly so didnt buy it and uninstalled the app. Also both apps I suspect will drain the battery as the pull down status page showed them as "ongoing" which suggests they continously running. I guess the quality on the market is variable and I need to be careful. BLN is certianly great but was dissapointed in the profiler apps.

Upvote 0
That's a shame mate, especially forking out for one.

But as soon as you mentioned a white list, a lightbulb came on in my head - I use a free app called Call Control. It lets you set white & black lists, and one of the choices for controlling calls (aside from Pick & Hang Up and Voicemail) is Mute Call. Might be worth a go, although a lot of call blockers don't kick in until a second or so into the ringtone starting.......

Upvote 0
Thanks, this issue is solved now, I am using 'tasker' to one touch turn silent on and off.

The reason I couldnt do a simple volume control or the main mute function is I still need excempted numbers to ring for work reasons. I also have tasker working for sms tones as well.

Also another update regarding the cf-root kernel. (this also I posted in a new thread)

That failed patch came back to hunt me as it caused gallery and 3d apps to crash. The reason the patch did fail as I tried to do it in CWM recovery app but the patch has to b done in CWM manager instead, so thats now working and crashes fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones