• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Requesting Help - must own a HTC Sense device with Android 2.2

Medion

Android Expert
Aug 14, 2010
Auburn, WA
Background:

The HTC Weather app on the stock Droid Incredible has a minor bug that most people aren't aware of. I want to see if other phones have this bug. Once I've isolated which phones do/do not have this bug, I'll see if the Weather app can be pushed to the Incredible, or if I need to alter anything to make the Incredible app work properly.

Phones that qualify:

I would prefer those who are running HTC Sense on Android 2.2, but don't mind if it's running on other versions. Just please be specific when listing your OS version, IE, 2.2.1, or 2.3.3.

How to Test:

1. Open the HTC Weather app
  2. Hit Menu > Delete
  3. Delete ALL cities, forcing the phone to use the current location.
  4. Press the "+" button to add a city.
  5. Add Philadelphia, PA (it's for control purposes, please follow exactly)
  6. Once your weather app updates, press your finger where it says "Weather" at the bottom of the screen, between the Sync and "+" buttons. This should open a browser window with the forecast. (NOTE: If you are running multiple browsers, please let me know if it lets you choose a browser, and how many browser windows it opens).
  7. Hit Menu > Delete again, and delete Philly.
  8. Hit the Forecast button again and see if the forecast still opens.
But Report:

For the sake of easier understanding, please copy and paste the follow, and add your information. You can see my next post for a better example.

Phone: input phone model here (carrier, if desired)
Android Version: 2.2 or 2.2.1 preferred (feel free to list others as well)
Bug 1:
This is the part where Philadelphia, PA should have launched a browser window. What I'm looking for is;

• did not open browser window, no option(s) given
  • opened browser window (list browser(s) installed), did/did not give choice of browser(s), # of windows opened
  • be as specific yet brief as possible
Bug 2: This is the part where I asked you to tap the forecast button again when using current location. Did a browser window open? If so, describe as above.

Phone: HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon)
Android Version: 2.2
Bug 1: Opened stock browser window, followed by popup asking which browser to use. I have stock and Dolphin HD installed. Chose Dolphin HD as default. Now, it opens one window of each, but the stock browser window only goes to a white screen.
Bug 2: Does not open a browser window or otherwise respond to touch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones