• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Requirements for advancement

I know "Member" starts at 100 and "Senior Member" probably starts at 500. There are no requirements other than post count that I know of. I think "Junior member" starts at 15 or 20 and it's "New Member" before that.

I've never seen post count as something important though and most members shouldn't.

I think junior member starts at 25, when you get the privilege of a signature :). Yay, so I'll be a "member" soon...

Upvote 0
I think junior member starts at 25, when you get the privilege of a signature :). Yay, so I'll be a "member" soon...

Possible, I haven't really done any research. ;)

unless your user name rhymes with "leaven 58" :) :) :)

Now who would that be... :rolleyes:

I was a mod and GM at a private server and we implemented a new type of status. When you read 1000+ post you are hereby knows as "Spammer". It's just for the lulz.

Do you think we can implement something like that?

If you really want something like this to be implemented, you would have to take it up to the admins. You should try posting it in the Suggestions forum, but I honestly don't think "spammer" is going to be accepted as not every senior member would like to have their ranks changed to that.

In my experience, it's uncommon to see things done "for the lulz" on bigger forums.

Upvote 0
I know "Member" starts at 100 and "Senior Member" probably starts at 500. There are no requirements other than post count that I know of. I think "Junior member" starts at 15 or 20 and it's "New Member" before that.

I've never seen post count as something important though and most members shouldn't.

I don't think it's important but I had wondered the same question when I first joined. However I just looked at other peoples post and figured it out instead of asking the question.:) So that being I will ask a dumb question. How do people get different standings ( ie phone guide, moderator, etc ) assuming admins own the web site. Just saying.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's important but I had wondered the same question when I first joined. However I just looked at other peoples post and figured it out instead of asking the question.:) So that being I will ask a dumb question. How do people get different standings ( ie phone guide, moderator, etc ) assuming admins own the web site. Just saying.

Every now and then some of the helpful & active members will be picked out to be guides, so that we have a good covering of guides across the forum to help keep things organised. I think existing staff can put names forward, and last time Phases asked for volunteers too, and then the three admins decide it amongst themselves.

Moderators are usually guides first, with a few exceptions.

Reactions: Bob Cat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones