• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rescue Squad

ultradroid

So many android phones...
Apr 24, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast!
Has Android Forums ever consider starting a "Rescue Squad", made up of really knowledgeable members who would be available to assist people who get in a jam with their phones, similar to the ones on Droid Forums and Atrix Forums? I realize that there is an informal process already in place, which serves much the same function, but with the increased complexity of rooting these diverse phones, with the stuff I've seen over the last week or so in the Atrix Forum - the sheer *volume* of the calls for help is going to overwhelm the ability of the Mods to render any useful help. They can only be in one place at a time and it's only gonna get worse. :(

I don't have any kind of master game plan for how you'd do it, but I've *seen* the important roll the Rescue Squad plays on the Atrix Forum as well over on Droid Forums, and thought I'd throw the idea out here.

-Mike

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones