• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restoring stock firmware without USB

dkg

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
I have asked this question on other forums and have not been able to get anywhere. My Droid 2 lost it's USB interface (no communications, no charging of the battery, nothing!) and I want to get the stock firmware restored before taking it in for a tech at a Verizon Wireless store. Before anyone asks, I have tried everything including clearing the phone cache and system data, new cables, different host computers, power adapters, etc. in an attempt to get the USB interface working. It is completely unresponsive to all attempts to revive it.

I have searched all over the Internet and forums for an update.zip file that would restore the phone to Froyo (either 2.2.20 or 2.3.20). Can anyone help me locate that or let me know how I could create one from the SBF's.

I really appreciate any help you can offer. I am limping along now swapping batteries and using an external charger to keep this phone alive. :(

Thanks,
Dave G.

The usb problem sounds physical. Have you taken a look at the connector to make certain a pin isn't bent over? Just a thought. Welcome to AF.
Yes, I believe it is physical or electrical not software-based. However, the pins on the phone connector itself look fine. And, of course, I have tried different cables to address the possibility it was a cable problem.

If I had an update.zip file I could easily get it on my micro-SD card and restore the firmware from that. But it seems no one has that file :thinking:

Upvote 0
Team Black Hat released a zip file today via their TBH app that you can download to your phone and run as an update zip from Clockwork Recovery to take your system back to stock. You're lucky day...works from any ROM.

I believe you'll have to buy the TBH app to get it, but definitely worth your while.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones