• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Revert from DK28?

THANKS!!! I'm gonna try it right now. If that doesn't work, I'll just be patient and wait for the new USB cable.

sidenote: Did they just add that? Cuz I swear I've been on that page at LEAST 4 times today...

I'm sure you could probably guess why I'm back. Problem not solved... I'm thinkin there's only two things left to do, considering the method that Samsung themselves provided didn't work for me.

1. Wait for the new USB cable and try again.
2. Get Sprint to fix my phone/give me a new one.

Upvote 0
What did it do or not do?

It gets stuck at "recovery.bin" and an error message window pops up saying 'Error occurred! cancel download!!' with only one option to click that says 'OK'.

I spoke to Samsung via their online chat thing. The guy said I could take the phone to a Sprint store and if they don't help me, I could call Samsung and submit a service request.

Upvote 0
It gets stuck at "recovery.bin" and an error message window pops up saying 'Error occurred! cancel download!!' with only one option to click that says 'OK'.

I spoke to Samsung via their online chat thing. The guy said I could take the phone to a Sprint store and if they don't help me, I could call Samsung and submit a service request.

UPDATE: I'm at the Sprint store right now on their galaxy tab display while they work on my phone... Its been over an hour now...

Upvote 0
UPDATE: After waiting 2 hours, they came to the conclusion that my phone was indeed bricked. They replaced it for free, which great because I didn't have a warranty but it might be because they assumed it was their fault :). Downside is, the new one wasn't on Froyo yet so I'm still impatiently waiting on the OTA update...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones