• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review: Poetic HardBack Protective Case

jericko

Android Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2011
Omaha
So my Poetic cases arrives today, bought 2 of them. Looking at them, they are really nice. Putting the Tablet in the case looked nice and all the holes lines up perfect, I was able to charge the tablet while in the case with no issues. This is "almost" the perfect case with one major flaw, the hand strap inside is too thick and when you snap the case closed, and open it after a minute, it leaves a really bad impression in your screen from the hand strap. Lucky I have a screen guard on so I am pretty sure it did not damage the actual screen. Also, due to the hand strap the case will not lay flush when closed. My wife and I are really disappointed, it was almost the perfect case. When already contacted the seller and are going to try and send them back.

I haven't had any problems with mine. Not sure why the hand strap would leave a mark on your screen. Mine is soft and doesn't protrude enough to really press into the screen. Maybe we have slightly different versions? Either way this hasn't been an issue for me.

Unexpected bonus, when propped up for viewing, the case acts as a nice backdrop for the speaker, which sounds much better with the case

Upvote 0
One of these will arrive today. I'll simply cut off the strap if it's a problem. Of course, my idea might change once I see how it's constructed.

I ended up toss the two I bought away. I took my tablet out and noticed one of the prongs that holds that tablet in scuffed the plastic and marred the glass. Funny I bought this tablet to protect my tab and its what caused the damage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones