• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Revolutionary.io NOOBIE HELP

I was able to turn my S-OFF. Do I have to run the Flash ClockworkMod in the DOS area to make it work. I didnt do it the first time and was able to see I had the S-OFF, but it wont load the fastboot. JUst keep getting the red triangle. Any help please.

Thanks to all that have helped out

looks like you need a recovery. for whatever reason revolutionary fails to install it. at this point you have two options:
1. you can run revolutionary again to get clockwork mod recovery.
2.get a different recovery. use the steps in the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/395962-guide-rooting-gingerbread-revolutionary.html sticky

once you get recovery installed then you need to flash the su file.

Reactions: snupe81
Upvote 0
If he is a noob like I am, I answered no to install clockworkmod the first time because I didn't realize what it was for. Could you add that to your sticky?

I got the same screen the first time, ran through it again, installed clockworkmod and was good to go.

sure i just not sure when it asks you to to do it. did it asks you the first time? or is it just the second time around. i'm not sure as i have not done this myself.

Upvote 0
sure i just not sure when it asks you to to do it. did it asks you the first time? or is it just the second time around. i'm not sure as i have not done this myself.
I'm pretty sure it is right after the revolutionary tool runs for S-OFF and comes back to ask you if you want to download CWM and install (y/n)?
The second time if you run it again, it will tell you that you already have S-OFF and ask the question again.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it is right after the revolutionary tool runs for S-OFF and comes back to ask you if you want to download CWM and install (y/n)?
The second time if you run it again, it will tell you that you already have S-OFF and ask the question again.

ok thanx i will then add that in to the guide. thanx for the verification.

Upvote 0

when it asks you for clockwork mod and you said no, where does it take you to? is it the hboot screen? trying to figure out where to add this in.

Upvote 0
when it asks you for clockwork mod and you said no, where does it take you to?

I'm pretty sure it goes just like you have it in the guide for the rest. That was the only part I got hung up on.
From the guide:
5.enter the beta key in the revolutionary dos window on your computer. people have been reporting that the key is invalid. if this happens just copy and paste the key from the revolutionary website to the dos window.
6.it should then run and do its thing. (this is where it asks for the clockworkmod install)

next we need to go and verify that s-off and if you have recovery
7.select bootloader by using the up and down vol. buttons and using the power button to make a selection.
8.on the hboot screen at the top it should say s-off, if it does then congrats!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I got 1 more question. I got it to the S-OFF and I was able to run the (superuser su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip file and said I was good. I did this to use the HOT SPOT for free. I turned on the HOTSPOT it says the HOTSPOT is active on the top and then it tells me I my account does not include Mobile hotspot service. Did I do it worng or it will says this anyways and it isnt detected by sprint. Please HELP ME!!!

Upvote 0
I got 1 more question. I got it to the S-OFF and I was able to run the (superuser su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip file and said I was good. I did this to use the HOT SPOT for free. I turned on the HOTSPOT it says the HOTSPOT is active on the top and then it tells me I my account does not include Mobile hotspot service. Did I do it worng or it will says this anyways and it isnt detected by sprint. Please HELP ME!!!
You need the cracked hotspot that roms include. You can try the Wifi Tether in the market though. That one works too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones