• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ReZound or Razr Maxx

mom22boys

May 15, 2010
I am torn between these 2 phones. Woould love to hear your opinions. I have the incredible 2 now and love it. No interest in rooting. Just need to upgrade to keep unlimited data. The longer battery would be nice, but is not a huge issue since I am at a charger most all times.

I went in last night to Verizon. Played with the phones and left with the Rezound.

I did turn on the Nexus, Rezound and Maxx side by side and the reports are correct that the Nexus and Maxx fail to make a true white screen when you go to a webpage with a white background, etc. They do have a slight green tint rather than be true white.
The Maxx was not as bad as the Nexus tho.
And honestly you probably wouldn't notice much if you didn't compare side by side but when you do, the difference is obvious. The Rezound has the more real color.

Honestly, if I was used to Motorola's I'd get the Maxx.
But I am used to HTC so it made sense to go with the Rezound.

I of course run an extended battery.
And the thicker cover makes it easier to hold onto with Man's hands.
I've never liked to hold a razor thin phone. I always thicken them up with a hefty case or extended battery cover, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones