1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtones won't save!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BIONICLE38, Dec 21, 2012.

1. BIONICLE38

BIONICLE38 Guest

The past 2 days my ringtones keep going back to stock, I got these ringtones that I've been useing for a long time but now they won't stay, after a few min or hours it goes back to either stock or the ringtone after....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

is it by chance after you unplug your phone from the computer that you mounted your sd card on? if your sd card is unmounted your ringtones will revert to stock. best advice i can giveyou is to convert your ringtones into .ogg format with audacity (google it) and put them in system/media/audio/ringtones/ this way your custom ringtones are now "stock"

you need to be rooted to do this btw :)

BIONICLE38 likes this.
  3. Dark One

Dark One Android Expert

Make sure it's in your internal memory. If it's on your external sd card then it won't save after you reboot.

4. BIONICLE38

BIONICLE38 Guest

That's problably it, cuz my media scanner kinda freezes up at times, so it probably don't read the directories fully. A little while ago l I just deleted the stock ringtones and notifications and I'm fixing move my ringtones to the stock folder once I get the audio converter
    Thanks for the advice:)

5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

glad i could help!!! :D

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews