• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ringtones won't save!?

is it by chance after you unplug your phone from the computer that you mounted your sd card on? if your sd card is unmounted your ringtones will revert to stock. best advice i can giveyou is to convert your ringtones into .ogg format with audacity (google it) and put them in system/media/audio/ringtones/ this way your custom ringtones are now "stock"

you need to be rooted to do this btw :)

Reactions: BIONICLE38
Upvote 0
is it by chance after you unplug your phone from the computer that you mounted your sd card on? if your sd card is unmounted your ringtones will revert to stock. best advice i can giveyou is to convert your ringtones into .ogg format with audacity (google it) and put them in system/media/audio/ringtones/ this way your custom ringtones are now "stock"

you need to be rooted to do this btw :)

That's problably it, cuz my media scanner kinda freezes up at times, so it probably don't read the directories fully. A little while ago l I just deleted the stock ringtones and notifications and I'm fixing move my ringtones to the stock folder once I get the audio converter
Thanks for the advice:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones