1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Roaming

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jack52482, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jack52482

jack52482 Newbie

Does anyone know of a way to force this phone to roam? I had an optimus s before this and someone had dev an app that would do just that. Sprint service isn't always the best here in the mountains of wonderful central PA. Idk if its even possible but it'd be sweet if it was.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

It wouldn't do any good. We've got roaming on the Marquee but it doesn't roam on other carriers signals. It's basically useless.

jack52482 likes this.
  3. jack52482

jack52482 Newbie

I wasn't sure if it would or not or if the fact its a prepaid device would affect it. I was only asking because for some reason we lost service at our house for most of the day yesterday which was weird since we normally have great service there and it would have nice to have a roaming option. The app I was talking about would cause the phone to only roam and not use sprint towers even if the signal was there

4. wetbiker7

If you have wifi at your house, you can use Google Voice and GrooveIP. GrooveIP uses your Google Voice account and allows you to make calls over wifi. I just had to do that this past week because my Boost service was down.

jdogrambo likes this.
  5. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

I second that !! GrooveIP was even worth for me to register the full version !

6. wetbiker7

Me too. :D

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews