• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers Dream 1.6 Update

Well here we are near the end of June and still no word on the 2.1 update (2.2 is already out so that means that the 2.1 update is already out of date :rolleyes:). We were told that 2.1 would be availabe by mid summer. According to this twitter message to me from RogersMary, rogers has not yet recieved the update from HTC.

8<--- message to me from RogersMary after I asked about the update to 2.1 seeing as how iPhone users got their update yesterday --->8
RogersMary

@bunhead Hi there, as you know we need to wait for the manufacturer to provide us with the update.
about 16 hours ago via CoTweet in reply to bunhead

8<--- message to me from RogersMary after I asked about the update to 2.1 seeing as how iPhone users got their update yesterday --->8

So after Rogers gets the update, the update will still have to pass through their rigorous internal testing (good thing they rigorously tested that 911 update that they forced on us eh? It sure would be embarasing if the update worked like crap and had security issues wouldn't it :rolleyes:?). So after HTC delivers the new update to rogers and it passes the rigorous testing it will be available when? September? December? This is a frigging JOKE! I purchased a phone that was supposed to be cutting edge and have all these great features. SO far I am around a year into owning this phone and it has NEVER been cutting edge and I have had little to no access to the cool features. So rogers I ask you, will you reimburse me for all the money I have given you for data services? Data services which you have cut off from me in the past. I have not been able to use the cool features of this phone, cool features that I was TOLD I could use when I bought the phone in the first place. I am willing to pay for the phone calls that I made, I am after all a fair man, I will pay for the services I have used, but to be told that I could do all this cool stuff and then not to be able to is a pure and simple lie.

So I am wondering this how long rogers can fail to provide us with what was promissed before we can demand to be let out of our contracts? I sure would like to use the new Google maps or the new Google navigation that just came to Canada, or Google goggles or any of the ever growing number of apps that only run on version 2.1 and higher, but alas I cannot because rogers already has me locked into a contract until July 3rd 2012 (not that I am counting) and I am stuck with them.

Upvote 0
At the moment, as you may have seen in other threads, Rogers has announced that they have the Magic 2.1 update in-house and are now testing it. They "anticipate" having it out to us by the end of August.

We've already told them that is not acceptable.

Please feel free to bombard them on Twitter, via email, and by phone. Make sure to elevate until you get to the Office of the President.

It took all of us bitching at them last time to get anything out of them, it will require all of us again. Tell them of your displeasure.

Reactions: tigrr07
Upvote 0
Please feel free to bombard them on Twitter, via email, and by phone. Make sure to elevate until you get to the Office of the President..

WAY ahead of you brother :) I am hoping to get the time to call my contact at the office of the president later on this week. This delay is mostly due to work and I want to calm down first so I don't say something stupid :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Wow, what a read. I accomplished no work today as I read every single post lol.

Glad to see we MAY get the Update.
I just got the Rogers Branded Magic that is unlocked and I am using on the Fido network.

Before I found the thread I was on the HTC site and tried to download the latest updates.
It asked me to put in the Serial number, I used the one from the box and from under battery (same#) but it says the serial number doesnt match?

Whats up with that? and does this mean I will not be able to dl the 2.1 when/if it arrives?

Upvote 0
From what I have read here (and elsewhere) better chance of seeing 2.1 than 1.6 lol

Just not sure why I can't Download and Updates @ htc.com?

I can not find any updates @ rogers, probably because I am not their customer though.

I am on the Fido network.

There is no update for the Rogers Magic available to download yet past the E911 update that added sense ui to it.

There will not be any 1.6 update and currently Rogers has the 2.1 update in house doing some testing on it. I is supposed to be available to the public before the end of August.

You could choose to go the route of rooting your phone and today, install a custom 2.1 ROM or even 2.2 ROM.

gbd

Upvote 0
There is no update for the Rogers Magic available to download yet past the E911 update that added sense ui to it.

There will not be any 1.6 update and currently Rogers has the 2.1 update in house doing some testing on it. I is supposed to be available to the public before the end of August.

You could choose to go the route of rooting your phone and today, install a custom 2.1 ROM or even 2.2 ROM.

gbd

Thanx, ya I realize that, was just worried I would not be able to get the update when it comes as I could not download from HTC due to serial# issue. HTC as now removed the requirement of the serial#.

How do I know what is loaded? (how do I find out if I even have it? )
and what is SenseUI?

The info I have found in phone is

HTC Magic
FW v 1.5
BaseBand 63.18.55.06KU_6.35.10.18
Build 3.05.631.7 cl#118917

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones