• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-26-12]Broken Out Spectrum 3.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

1.3 is very snazzy. I installed it yesterday morning but kept doing back to back Antutu benchmarks thus killing my battery quickly. I would get a random reboot on 1.2.1 if i did too much on any power setting other than lagfree. today ill be on the road to test it.

can we keep the cpu juice and shoot for 2ghz? ;)

Thanks for your hard work.

Upvote 0
Any plans on setting the oc to 2 GHz or higher? I would love to see how much more this phone can dish out.

As of right now it instant reboots any higher than 1.89GHz. I know on previous phones I have built kernels on I could code it up to 5.0GHz, as long as I had it clocked to a reasonable point on boot if I wanted to, but it would reboot as soon as it was set over a certain point. On this one, it will boot and run at 1.89GHz but I believe stability won't be there yet anyway (that's why I haven't released it), anything higher and the phone reboots as soon as it boots, even though it's set at 1.5 on boot.

Upvote 0
As of right now it instant reboots any higher than 1.89GHz. I know on previous phones I have built kernels on I could code it up to 5.0GHz, as long as I had it clocked to a reasonable point on boot if I wanted to, but it would reboot as soon as it was set over a certain point. On this one, it will boot and run at 1.89GHz but I believe stability won't be there yet anyway (that's why I haven't released it), anything higher and the phone reboots as soon as it boots, even though it's set at 1.5 on boot.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if I just have the worst luck with OCing hardware. I can run Antutu at stock, but the slightest overclock will reboot during Antutu (I'm talking even bumping from 1512 to 1566!!). Any advice?

Upvote 0
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if I just have the worst luck with OCing hardware. I can run Antutu at stock, but the slightest overclock will reboot during Antutu (I'm talking even bumping from 1512 to 1566!!). Any advice?

Same here. Just tried running it at a lower oc and it went through but as soon as I ramp it up to 1800 or so, antutu freezes and my phone reboots.

Upvote 0
Got it working...

7522. Man...I like this ROM. :p

a6fa62d7-01f3-3936.jpg

Haven't even enabled zram or anything. Just bumped to 1836/lagfree.

Very nice job, mtmichaelson.

Upvote 0
There's a car dock. I'm assuming that's what they were talking about.

No i mean the desktop dock, the one that charges the extra battery. From Verizon. Every time i dock it, it reboots and bootloops until i take it off. Then it boots up with an empty notification bar, nothing on it, just gray and i have to reboot to get it back.

Edit: ok, fine, it's called the"Media Charging Dock" lol

Upvote 0
No i mean the desktop dock, the one that charges the extra battery. From Verizon. Every time i dock it, it reboots and bootloops until i take it off. Then it boots up with an empty notification bar, nothing on it, just gray and i have to reboot to get it back.

us a backup tool, like titanium and look for the homedock app (not sure if it shows up in the app drawer or not) the file is homedock.apk...

Upvote 0
Hey guys...I hit my first issue with this amazing ROM. Everything had been going wonderfully. A little background: I am 1.3, and I had previously removed Launcher Pro (because I use GO) and there were no problems; I also removed Music Lilac (because I use Player Pro) and there were no problems. I noticed when I turned my phone on this morning that Swype had a problem in that it no longer allowed you to change what word the program assumed you were trying to spell. It gave me no options above the keyboard. I figured I would just re-Flash the ROM and see if it fixed it. It did fix it, but when I once again removed the Music app and Launcher Pro, my available memory went down to about 257M. Prior to Re-Flashing, I had no problem getting 510M when I would kill everything running. Would beats audio being put back on 1.3 have an effect on my deleting Music Lilac. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0

I have run into this issue several times since flashing. It also sometimes happens when I plug just a normal USB cable in to charge at work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones