• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ACS] GB UNleashed 2point3 [GBU-3/20/11] " KING STYLE "

Upvote 0
Fair enough. I'll be using what you're using, Mr. Ed.

Although... not sure if I ****ed up. Flashed the ROM after clearing everything... should I have flashed the kernel first?

no your good. flash rom. flash gapps, flash kernel if you want.

remember new roms come with a built in kernel..this one isn't too bad but I like the kernel above better

Upvote 0
you can...but clockwork isn't the best choice in recoveries

I haven't had any issues with CW. Of course I wipe everything 3 times then flash Calkulins format all twice every time. :p

Well I have had some issues with a few roms, but I never figured out if it was CW of just my phone not liking something. I had CW on my Hero, old habits die hard. I'll have an epic fail then i'll switch to Amon-ra. :D

Upvote 0
Okay, first day through.... my verdict thus far. (Coming off a stock Sense rom)

Running it like Mr. Ed does, it looks really nice.

Visually
-Eye candy is nice, there is plenty.
-Themes included are good enough to please just about everybody. I'm happy with them all.
-Things run much smoother than stock, by far. The chunky slow-laggy lock screen is also gone in place of a super-sexy smooth one (that you can change easily)

Performance
-Things run much faster!! Loading times of everything (except booting up) are much faster than it was on a stock 2.2 rom. Overclocking isn't needed at all.
-Battery is about the same, still piss poor like it was before. Carrying two batteries with me was, and will still continue to be a good habit. I'm getting better performance out of the short time, though.
-Very few issues. There's no 4g to test, so I can't comment on that. GPS I haven't gotten to lock in yet, but I'm prodding around trying to find a solution.
-The DSP equalizer, though kind of weak, does it's job. We can now have an EQ for everything.
-The dock in the notification pull down are super useful.

If you can deal with the VVM issues, GPS not working fully, 4G being (supposedly) wonky, then I say go with it. If not, get a sense rom.

Reactions: random255
Upvote 0
I have run it since release daily with very Few issues. Love it

How did you get voice mail (regular voice mail, I don't really mind if I don't have vvm) to work? I press and hold 1 and I get a recorded error message. Also, I keep getting a pop up about voice mail being available when data is turned on....how do I turn this off?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones