• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][AOSP]dGB v01_28_2012| 2.3.5| 375MB /data| 60MB /system |Mult-lang |Unlock |Reboot[28 Jan]

right here we go again...
Wiped and flashed. Got a different wallpaper this time (instead of the default black one as per last 2 flashes?) Ti restoring apps now, (missing apps + data). No silly notifications so far.
How long does APN mgr take to restore? Been restoring for a good few mins now...

Upvote 0
I thought I'd have to trim down my app list without sd-ext, but actually not at all:

* Previously:
CM7, edited to fit Oxygen r2 (100/5/333)
> 120 apps.
DarkTremor a2sd, dalvik on internal, .android_secure empty
~125 MB free internal space

* Now: dGB, custom hboot (70/5/363)
same 120+ apps
no sd-ext, larger apps moved to .android_secure
~120 MB free internal space.

and as you can see I've not even pushed the partitioning to the limit.

Really rather impressed :)

Upvote 0
Yeah you can, just add a folder called ui in system/media/audio and add the contents. They're not very big. 40k in total I think. I'd suggest not adding the camera ones though aas theyre really annoying.

Cheers fella, you dev you!
The battery life is fabulous. Thought there wad something wrong with my phone, it was still on 100%, after 10 hours in standby! Finally got it to drop to 96%, browsing here and check emails.
Good ROM!

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
Much as I like Redux, I'm considering giving this a go as my intention is to remove a load of stuff from Redux 2 when it's finalised.

EDIT: removed spurious question after re-reading first post.

Are you still planning to update dGB to incorporate some of Redux 2 once it's completed?

Do you recommend switching to the ManU after installation? What's the pros/cons of (not) doing so?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Once Ihlades releases the source code for Redux 2 (which he said he will do once Redux 2 final is released and stable for a while) I will certainly be investigating anything in there I could learn from, yes.

manU kernel is a very battery efficient kernel. It has faster USB transfer speeds than newer kernels and lower power consumption. Added to which if you read his thread, you can learn how to set your own voltages if you are a bit more advanced. definitely recommended. I wanted to build the rom with that kernel but havent got to that yet.

Reactions: adskankster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones