• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.4.2] SlimKat for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 4/7/2014

Sorry if I am being annoying about the undervolt but are you sure its in the kernel? Were you able to test it and see if undervolting works in kk. Didnt work for me in 4.2 either worked in 4.1 it did. instavolt says it cannot the vdd file. So I go to advanced set custom sysfs path and for the path I say /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels is what I set what am I doing wrong?

Okay here's an update on what I found

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels does exsits but for some reason the app says it doesn't.

you can currently only to get it to work by typing this in adb or a terminal emulator as root.

Type this to lower the voltage by 25mV

[HIGH]echo '-25' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels [/HIGH]

Type this to up the voltage by 25mV

[HIGH]echo '+25' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels[/HIGH]

If you want to undervolt a specific frequency then type this

[HIGH]echo '1024000 1425' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels[/HIGH]

The example above is telling it to only undervolt by 25mV at 1Ghz.

To get a list of all the frequency

Upvote 0
Flashed this yesterday with minimal gapps, clean flash, everything wiped. No errors. Had terrible lag, some graphical glitches, and camera didn't work. Notifications were delayed, or didn't come through at all. "acore" and "phone" processes repeatedly crashed. Those were the only issues I noticed while using the ROM, but there may be more I missed. I really appreciated the working 3G/1x indicator. Lol. WiFi worked perfectly.

All in all, I don't particularly care for SlimRoms and ended up reflashing AOKP 4.2.2 from Nandroid pending improvements and bugfixes on this release.
As always, thank you for your hard work and dedication Phenom! I look forward to a stable release of KK! (Maybe AOKP? ;) )

Upvote 0
Still having Gplay issues, nothing seems to be able to connect to google, Hangouts doesn't work, nor does play store.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-09-30-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-09-30-12.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Still having Gplay issues, nothing seems to be able to connect to google, Hangouts doesn't work, nor does play store.

Are you flashing clean or dirty? I don't know the ins and outs of everything, but I have the same problem with dirty flashes and a clean flash usually helps. Also, try the gapps packages from slimROMs page. I think it solved a few play store issues I was having when I was on this ROM

Upvote 0
Are you flashing clean or dirty? I don't know the ins and outs of everything, but I have the same problem with dirty flashes and a clean flash usually helps. Also, try the gapps packages from slimROMs page. I think it solved a few play store issues I was having when I was on this ROM
Wether I Clean or dirty flash, I get the same issue.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to add lockscreen widgets and is SElinux status suppose to be disabled? I have looked it up and it seems it should be in either Permissive or Enforce Mode.
Widgets are disabled because of the low ram settings and yes selinux is supposed to be disabled since we don't have selinux support

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones