• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

Ok, I needed to return to stock. i backup up my backups from my SD card to my computer, then proceeded to wipe data, system, cache, and sd card. I then powered the phone down, took out the sd card, and put in the unzipped stock nandroid backup. I tried to do the whole clockwork mod restore from the directions, and it gave me an invalid md5 sum error. I have no clue what that means. please enlighten! Meanwhile, I'm getting tired of staring at the motorola logo...
Thanks!!
PS: got it working, of course... however, let me say i HATE winrar... use 7zip for sure! but still, what is an md5 sum error, and what does it do?
edit: thanks for the answers... they helped. ;) I'm returning to CM7... can't deal with the lag in Froyo... now that GPS is fixed, yipee!! I wish I could help track down the HDMI issue, because thats the only other thing I miss from stock.

Upvote 0
but still, what is an md5 sum error, and what does it do?

An MD5 checksum is a value computed from a file. It is based on the binary contents of the file, so if the file's contents do not exactly match you get a different MD5 checksum. Thus, it is useful for determining if the file is consistent/valid. If the checksum fails to match, then the file is (somehow) corrupt/changed.

Reactions: rvarn1
Upvote 0
Question for you: What would be the difference between hosting a malicious file on Mediafire as opposed to Github or something more "reputable"?

FWIW, the CM7 repos for the Triumph are being worked on with FULL transparency. Any changes to the source code can be monitor at either TG's profile or mine (for example: https://github.com/ikarosdev). IMO, I would be more cautious of ROMs that have no sources available or misc. flashable packages. Furthermore, detailed instructions, which are still current BTW, are available for you to build and play with: http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...ild-cyanogenmod7-source-development-area.html

Also, you can never know what apks are going into these other ROMs. Devs working on said ROMs don't even know what's in them. CM7, however, is completely built from source. The only prebuilt apk added to CM7 is ROM Manager, which is required for the build.

I can't speak for others, but I host on Mediafire because it allows me to organize all my crap into folders. Plus, I don't think Github would like it if my downloads generated a lot of traffic. I know Dropbox didn't.

Check md5sums! Always. It's the best way to verify the integrity of 3rd-party packages.

I never meant to call into question anyone's legitimacy . From my perspective, the other day I could not find the page which linked to hotfile for example. I ended up finding the direct link via google, but on the hotfile page itself it doesn't note who added the file, so there was no way for me to verify who it was from. That was and is my only concern. I have no problem using these sites so long as I'm following the link from a trusted site, like a forum post or blog post for example. Thanks for the post, didn't mean to make any waves :)

Upvote 0
I never meant to call into question anyone's legitimacy . From my perspective, the other day I could not find the page which linked to hotfile for example. I ended up finding the direct link via google, but on the hotfile page itself it doesn't note who added the file, so there was no way for me to verify who it was from. That was and is my only concern. I have no problem using these sites so long as I'm following the link from a trusted site, like a forum post or blog post for example. Thanks for the post, didn't mean to make any waves :)

Am I missing something?* What's wrong with the links to the builds in post 2 of this thread (posted by the dev himself)?* Sorry if this is harsh, but if you claim to have followed this thread from the beginning, what's the issue?*

Nonetheless, I do hope you found what you were looking for. :)

* rhetorical.

Upvote 0
Can we all just reign it back a little and let Tickerguy do what he's been doing so well? If you have a bug, by all means report it, but otherwise, if somebody says something stupid, just let it pass. :cool:

And please, please, please, read the first couple posts - it should tell you all you know!:D

And please for the love of all that is Triumph - do NOT make any demands before this is the last update we get!

*end of rant*:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Can we all just reign it back a little and let Tickerguy do what he's been doing so well? If you have a bug, by all means report it, but otherwise, if somebody says something stupid, just let it pass. :cool:

And please, please, please, read the first couple posts - it should tell you all you know!:D

And please for the love of all that is Triumph - do NOT make any demands before this is the last update we get!

*end of rant*:rolleyes:

yepperz.... :D i havent run into any new problems yet.

Upvote 0
Thanks Tickerguy and Isaac, you guys have done great work in very short time.

I understand this is pre-alpha, but everything works really well. I just have a question for anyone who may have had a similar issue.

I am running Barnacle wifi tether, and when the phone sleeps, my connection drops, so I've been leaving the screen on in order to maintain the tethering connection. I've looked for some option to see why this is happening, but I don't see anything in any menus, am I just missing a setting somewhere or is this intended behavior?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Can you all do me a favor?

I have found a way to tether the phone by simply having root. I used this ROM (Ok... the 9.12.2011 build) to get it to work, and suposedly I'm the only one on the planet that has gotten it to work.

If you would, could you test this out for me? (MAYBE this might help tickerguy figure out why it works this way and not the other way?)

My post link:
http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/416897-working-wifi-tether.html

Upvote 0
Can you all do me a favor?

I have found a way to tether the phone by simply having root. I used this ROM (Ok... the 9.12.2011 build) to get it to work, and suposedly I'm the only one on the planet that has gotten it to work.

If you would, could you test this out for me? (MAYBE this might help tickerguy figure out why it works this way and not the other way?)

My post link:
http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/416897-working-wifi-tether.html

Yes, this works for me. But "simply having root" is decidedly different than installing an entire new build of Android

Upvote 0
Ok this are a few bugs i found, first off im not whining just reporting, as i think this is an awesome rom,
1. My phone has gotten stuck in landscape mode twice, it wont change back to portrait unless i check off screen rotation, if i check it off it goes to portrait and if i check it back on it goes back to landscape. But after a reboot it seems to fix it.
2. If im playing a video in portrait mode, the video starts flickering, like on youtube, if im on portait looking at the comments while video plays, it starts flickering
3. Sensor doesnt work right, when Im on the phone talking, the screen keeps turning off and on
4. No shutter sound when taking a pic, but the shutter sound is there under system/media/ui

I think thats pretty much it. My mms works great which was the main reason why i hadnt installed previous builds of this, but for now this rom is coming out nicely, Thank you tickerguy and isaac for all your hard work.

Upvote 0
Ok this are a few bugs i found, first off im not whining just reporting, as i think this is an awesome rom,
1. My phone has gotten stuck in landscape mode twice, it wont change back to portrait unless i check off screen rotation, if i check it off it goes to portrait and if i check it back on it goes back to landscape. But after a reboot it seems to fix it.
2. If im playing a video in portrait mode, the video starts flickering, like on youtube, if im on portait looking at the comments while video plays, it starts flickering
3. Sensor doesnt work right, when Im on the phone talking, the screen keeps turning off and on
4. No shutter sound when taking a pic, but the shutter sound is there under system/media/ui

I think thats pretty much it. My mms works great which was the main reason why i hadnt installed previous builds of this, but for now this rom is coming out nicely, Thank you tickerguy and isaac for all your hard work.
as per #3 on your list. i fixed my phone from doing this by selecting always use proximity in the setting - call settings menu, and i also selected left-hand mode, and enable sensor rotation (for in call rotation), and did a reboot and i haven't had the problem with the screen turning on and off while in a call

Upvote 0
as per #3 on your list. i fixed my phone from doing this by selecting always use proximity in the setting - call settings menu, and i also selected left-hand mode, and enable sensor rotation (for in call rotation), and did a reboot and i haven't had the problem with the screen turning on and off while in a call

Wow thanks a lot! Works like a charm.

Upvote 0

Thanks that seemed to have fixed it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones