• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM/CWM/Kernel] CM7.2-RC1-requisite0 [BETA2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
been at this for a few hours to no avail,gonna get some smokes and a redbull and pick it up later
restoring data like in the 2.3.6 thread didnt work
restoring apns didnt work
gonna try this next-http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/352598-guide-how-restore-service-if-youve-lost-your-meid.html
but considerign that in settings/about phone/status everything is 0000x or unknown
My phone number: 000-000-0000
MIN: 0000000000
MEID HEX: A0000000000000
MEID DEC: 268435460000000000
im cm, the above isnt there anymore, i get imei, imei sv, and other info..the buildprop has alot of gsm stuff in it also, so im thinking this port came from a gsm phone?

Upvote 0
been at this for a few hours to no avail,gonna get some smokes and a redbull and pick it up later
gonna try this next-http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/352598-guide-how-restore-service-if-youve-lost-your-meid.html
but considerign that in settings/about phone/status everything is 0000x or unknown

im cm, the above isnt there anymore, i get imei, imei sv, and other info..the buildprop has alot of gsm stuff in it also, so im thinking this port came from a gsm phone?

This is all built from source using Unforgiven512's device profile which I've modified slightly. There's still work to be done, hence the fact that this is an alpha. I released it to show you guys there's actual progress being made though, since people like you tend to get uppity and call people out.

Upvote 0

I don't know if you've taken a look inside the STOCK ROM, but there is a program with SIMunlock. Still at school, so I can't check... I will as soon as I get home. Then I'll try the QXDM fix, I've used it once before, so it should be quick.

Upvote 0
I don't know if you've taken a look inside the STOCK ROM, but there is a program with SIMunlock. Still at school, so I can't check... I will as soon as I get home. Then I'll try the QXDM fix, I've used it once before, so it should be quick.
havvent looked into the sim unlock, and im running into a snag with qxdm, wont let me update, no license(weird, worked for me before). ran out of time. i can come back to this later and look into it some more

Upvote 0
Guys please stop asking question that do not relate to the actual testing and debugging of this project, use your search function or hell google it, if you have noob questions or any other un-relevant questions dont ask them here, we need to keep this thread clean and focused.

Anyhow with that aside amazing work so far. :)

I understand where you are coming from...but... Really?! You have to understand one thing, you aren't going to stop newbies from posting questions like that... I've been on forums since I was 14... I am now 38... It never stops... You just have to read and keep moving... There are tons of threads that all end up with crazy questions... it's just part of the forum. :p

Upvote 0
have you tried looking in the build prop? i thought i saw a couple of lines about it asking for a sim. :thinking: im a newb just thought id trow that out might not even relate to this.

The problem is cm7 source is for gsm phones. You need to develop a ril wrapper for a cdma phone.

I suggest looking at the source for cm7 on the Samsung epic 4g.

Upvote 0
I use Cellcom as my provider (A small company based in Green Bay, WI) and to update your PRL manually we can call *228. When I call, the operator says it successfully updated but on my phones screen it says "Error SIM card" Also after restoring my APN backup and updating my PRL, I rebooted and no longer had any phone service no calls, texts, or data???

Upvote 0
The problem is cm7 source is for gsm phones. You need to develop a ril wrapper for a cdma phone.

I suggest looking at the source for cm7 on the Samsung epic 4g.

Pretty sure CM already has the Samsung CDMA RIL wrapper (/frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SamsungRIL.java), and it should be enabled.

Code:
ro.ril.samsung_cdma=true

Upvote 0
Pretty sure CM already has the Samsung CDMA RIL wrapper (/frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SamsungRIL.java), and it should be enabled.

Code:
ro.ril.samsung_cdma=true

yea but you might have to look into the file n modify it. R modem is in a different location. You also need to make a change in the kernel to call those changes

Upvote 0
You mean like this?

Code:
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0

I'm not exactly sure what needs to be done as I didn't work on cm7 for the epic. What I do know has already been stated n also the epic n the other galaxy a phones had to be converted to mtd n the yaffs32 file system. The partion sizes where to small while on ext4.

I would also ask horack over on the prevail forums how he got data working as the admire n prevail r almost identical.

If I still had my admire I would be glad to help but I already sold it so I can only go off the top of my head of what's actually going on

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones