• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][DEV][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Spirit 4G

You're more than welcome to take the reins on this once you get your pc back up and running. ;)

No man you kidding you're the master here i would appreciate every effort you put on this project thank you very much for this and still when i get running my pc again i want you to help me i still wanna learn how to build my own and thanks again

By the way i cannot test your builds no computer no unbricking

Upvote 0
Actually I don't want to brick anyone's device, so I'll relay the changes I was gonna make.

When I was making my roms, everytime I used either of the following in edify script, I would brick...

HTML:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system");
So I was gonna switch lines 9 & 10 to look like this...

HTML:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");
delete_recursive("/system");
I'm not a guru, but this solved the problem for my roms.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Actually I don't want to brick anyone's device, so I'll relay the changes I was gonna make.

When I was making my roms, everytime I used either of the following in edify script, I would brick...

HTML:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system");
So I was gonna switch lines 9 & 10 to look like this...

HTML:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");
delete_recursive("/system");
I'm not a guru, but this solved the problem for my roms.

Hope this helps

I tossed your updater-script into and edit out the boot.img bit and your ui_print and uploading now... same link should be good in about 4min. ;)

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
I tossed your updater-script into and edit out the boot.img bit and your ui_print and uploading now... same link should be good in about 4min. ;)

symlink: some symlinks failed
E:error in sdcard/cm-10-20130502-l1m.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted

I didnt wipe any previous system data before flashing
Sorry guys just got home from work.

I'm gonna download now.

(status 7) is good, that means progress. I have an idea what it could be, but again I'm not sure. I'll touch back in a bit.

Reactions: killajoe
Upvote 0
Sorry guys just got home from work.

I'm gonna download now.

(status 7) is good, that means progress. I have an idea what it could be, but again I'm not sure. I'll touch back in a bit.

I have one thats pose to be in the mail today, so waiting on it instead of throwing poop at the n seeing it sticks. Lol

Upvote 0
I have one thats pose to be in the mail today, so waiting on it instead of throwing poop at the n seeing it sticks. Lol
Sweeeeet! That is great news! I'm really glad you decided to get this device. lol

Ok so (status 7) usually means the model number is not matching up, but in this case it does.

As far as I can tell this should definitely be booting.

However I did see a couple values missing in build.prop (lines 19 & 25) (L1m & 11)

I think line 19 can be the status 7 culprit. Not sure though. lol

If anyone wants to try this, I can post the build.prop so you can use 7zip to place it in CM zip. This would save PG upload time and hassle.

Upvote 0
Sweeeeet! That is great news! I'm really glad you decided to get this device. lol

Ok so (status 7) usually means the model number is not matching up, but in this case it does.

As far as I can tell this should definitely be booting.

However I did see a couple values missing in build.prop (lines 19 & 25) (L1m & 11)

I think line 19 can be the status 7 culprit. Not sure though. lol

If anyone wants to try this, I can post the build.prop so you can use 7zip to place it in CM zip. This would save PG upload time and hassle.

the model # thing is a assert fail and usually says that, his error stated a failed symlink, I'm thinking it might be the audio files getting symlinked in your updater-script causing that.

new file uploaded, same link. ;)

Upvote 0
the model # thing is a assert fail and usually says that, his error stated a failed symlink, I'm thinking it might be the audio files getting symlinked in your updater-script causing that.

new file uploaded, same link. ;)
Awesome! I hope it's that. I want this thing booting today. lol

!Someone please try the new update PG uploaded!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones