• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][DEV][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Spirit 4G

I guess back to the status 7 version. No brick at least. Then removing the audio symlinks from updater since there not in etc in that version. dunno

Back up:D and Ready for more :banghead:
When you got the status 7 were you able to easily reboot your phone? Meaning no brick.

Upvote 0
I didnt try to reboot. since i was still in CWM when that popped up while it was trying to install CM. I just re wiped everything and restored with no issues
Cool. From what I remember, you can just reboot after status 7 without wiping or anything.

Status 7 simply aborts the install and doesn't make any changes. Maybe I'll post some changes to that version.

Upvote 0
all I did was wipe data/factory reset then flashed everything installed complete, reboot--- -rebooting seems to be working second lg logo screen..then 3rd lg logo screen [security error] stuck their...didn't even flash gapps,wanted to check if it booted up first. (I did notice when I was bricked I removed my battery put it back in then I connected phone to my pc not holding or pressing any buttons,i got a message in violet color/=missing battery file 3.png battery charging....
percent..%

Upvote 0
all I did was wipe data/factory reset then flashed everything installed complete, reboot--- -rebooting seems to be working second lg logo screen..then 3rd lg logo screen [security error] stuck their...didn't even flash gapps,wanted to check if it booted up first. (I did notice when I was bricked I removed my battery put it back in then I connected phone to my pc not holding or pressing any buttons,i got a message in violet color/=missing battery file 3.png battery charging....
percent..%

Same happened to me. Glad to have another tester out there. :D

Reactions: sahi2myfriend
Upvote 0
Don't feel so bad about bricking guys. I've bricked this phone about 20 times, most of which was getting the edify script to work for flashing roms.

This phone is picky wit that sh!t. It's also weird having CWM as an app and not flashed. lol

Anyways I'm almost certain it's just the edify script that needs adjusting for this to boot.

I downloaded motion CM only to compare and aside from amount of files in folders, everything was the same.

Upvote 0
Don't feel so bad about bricking guys. I've bricked this phone about 20 times, most of which was getting the edify script to work for flashing roms.

This phone is picky wit that sh!t. It's also weird having CWM as an app and not flashed. lol

Anyways I'm almost certain it's just the edify script that needs adjusting for this to boot.

I downloaded motion CM only to compare and aside from amount of files in folders, everything was the same.

welp I guess there went that idea. lol

Upvote 0
welp I guess there went that idea. lol

Sorry for going MIA for awhile. School has a tendency to make me do that.

I noticed your device tree for the Spirit. Is it mostly the same from the Motion's tree? I'm trying to get caught back up where you guys are.

The Motion and the Spirit are not the same in terms of prop blobs. I dissected our stock ROM to figure out what's-what, and I'll post my prop-files list. It'll be up on my Github (ikarosdev).

The build you posted. Is it a kanged prebuilt off the Motion or is build from scratch?

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
So, been talking to PG. Looks like we might have a different kernel and ramdisk address. That would cause the build not to boot.

I just finished downloading the sauce, and I'm ALMOST ready to start my own build. I think PG is going to build me a zip with the changes I found. Maybe we'll get a working ROM!
Yea we both realized that was all moot for the time being. lol

Sorry for going MIA for awhile. School has a tendency to make me do that.

I noticed your device tree for the Spirit. Is it mostly the same from the Motion's tree? I'm trying to get caught back up where you guys are.

The Motion and the Spirit are not the same in terms of prop blobs. I dissected our stock ROM to figure out what's-what, and I'll post my prop-files list. It'll be up on my Github (ikarosdev).

The build you posted. Is it a kanged prebuilt off the Motion or is build from scratch?
Hey life goes on for us all. Gotta get a ecumacation yanno. ;)

My repo is a fork of the Motions and then edited accordingly, still a WIP, at least until we get it booted and see what works and what doesnt. ;)

Reactions: quechon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones