• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Dirty Unicorns 5.1.1 {HAMMERHEAD} (4/26/15)

Which mobile technology does your carrier use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a Htc Evo 4g LTE with Android 4.4.4 Dirty Unicorns and have tried using hangouts to send MMS without any luck and was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this.

-JSO7799
Well, I don't think anyone is having mms issues on their nexus 5. I might go ahead and move your post into the Evo 4G LTE section.

Have you checked the apn settings within hangouts?

If you open hangouts, hit the 3 dot menu and choose settings. Then choose sms and then access point names.

Upvote 0
That's not only present when you're using headphones. It's always there.
I know it was strange to ask but it only happens when headphones were used. If it were to be unplugged, the controls would go away. I didn't unlock the phone, just turned off the screen then unplugged the cord and turned the screen back on to check.

Upvote 0
Anybody else getting random reboots? I get about one every other day. No big deal. I did a full wipe on install. I'm still on 4.4.4 6/21.
The included furnace kernel is hit and miss on devices. Many users are getting random reboots.

Check the op for an alternate kernel download. You can also use any aosp kernel as well. Many people like Franco kernel or elementalx kernel.

Reactions: xdrc45 and ymmie
Upvote 0
The included furnace kernel is hit and miss on devices. Many users are getting random reboots.

Check the op for an alternate kernel download. You can also use any aosp kernel as well. Many people like Franco kernel or elementalx kernel.

I've been using Franco with all DU builds and haven't had an issue yet. Buttery smooth!

Reactions: xdrc45
Upvote 0
I used Franco on Cataclysm. I'll give that a shot.

My N5 is one of them... For whatever reason, Furnace kernel does not play well on my N5.
I've tried it on every build since it was implemented in DU, but unfortunately I get reboots randomly throughout the day, while under minimal load and with no tweaks to the kernel.
I can flash Franco or ElementalX and they both run fine and the reboot problem goes away!
While some users have absolutely zero problems running DU/Furnace kernel on the N5.
As Brian706 said... It can be hit or miss.

I would recommend trying either Franco, ElementalX or any other compatable AOSP kernel that you might like.

Reactions: lennydude
Upvote 0
Yeah, I have to admit, I have such a great experience with Franco, I haven't been able to get myself to stick with the furnace for long enough to find out if it works on my N5. When I find something that works really well, I tend to stay there. Just like DU. ;)

I like your thinking there Hook!
Since I started using DU, I haven't looked back.... just forward, riding the front line on this Fierce and mighty Dirty Unicorn! ;)
I agree though, when you find that "perfect" match of a ROM and kernel that is stable, has performance, options/features and the user experience is Great also. It's hard to change thing's around from what you know, works on your device.
For me that's DU and Franco kernel as well. :thumbup:

I ran Furnace Kernel for a solid week and it actually ran great!
It's just that I would get about 2 - 4 reboots a day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones