• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] GingerbreadCM7

Can someone running 2.2.1 open up a terminal emulator and give me the output of uname -r please?

i get 2.6.32.9 as well :D

too the people arguing about the phone. i was simply saying that although it was based off a single phone, the M and V are different in their own ways. its like human genetics, not a one person of the same family will be exactly the same in every way, even twins differ. if the phones were the same in EVERY way then simply flashing the CM7 from the V would have worked flawlessly. point made ^^
as for anything else, the discussion is going off topic, please try to keep this about this rom and any information pertaining to it :)

Upvote 0
WRONG.

It's the LG Optimus One.

End of story. Go do some research.

I have posted all the links for you to peruse, so please do not make make ignorant (lack of education) statements.

LG has different chipsets for CDMA and GSM but so do all other cell phone manufacturers. LG has accommodated the carriers by making the hardware buttons do different things sometimes or by exterior material (cheap plastic, or expensive looking plastic). But it's the same phone internally.

LG is not making 100 different varieties of this phone, believe me. It's the same phone, with some customization for the different carriers.

That's why LG shows they sold 2 million of these in 40 days, bucko. 2 million. Not different phones, the same phone sold to different carriers. They say they will sell 10 million by end of this year.

@Chazz- do not even act like you are going to take a tone with me. Please use civility because when you start being ignorant about ignorant statements then you become moot. I could stand corrected but what bothers me is if the phone is EXACTLY the same then why is it not just some easy thing to port?

I see where you are right about the hardware but I know for a fact that there are fundamental differences between the phones that make it harder for you to just take a Op One rom and just stick it on our phone with little effort.

Upvote 0
This USB and mms thing is about to make me pull my hair out so I think I'm gonna say f it. It IS a beta so that will leave something to improve on I suppose. By show of hands. Who wants A2sd support? You will need an ext3 partition on your sdcard. Let me know fellas.

i raise my glass to the A2sd x)!! having ext support would greatly improve the usability cause that would give us more room for apps :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones